ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Another Insert Sim Error

OP trippy1980uk

18th April 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Reading
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hi guys, looking for some serious help here as I can't seem to find a definitive solution to this problem.
This occurred randomly a month ago whilst on unrooted stock 4.3 XXUEMK9 with MJ9 baseband. The first thing I tried was replacing the sim reader which did not solve the problem. I have tried a new sim along with other sims and all are not being read. I have tried custom ROMs and different radios which has not helped, my IMEI has remained present and correct throughout so I'm ruling out a corrupt EFS. Is it likely that the motherboard has failed. I'm out of warranty and not wanting to stump up the cost of repair.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
19th April 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 19

171 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippy1980uk

Hi guys, looking for some serious help here as I can't seem to find a definitive solution to this problem.
This occurred randomly a month ago whilst on unrooted stock 4.3 XXUEMK9 with MJ9 baseband. The first thing I tried was replacing the sim reader which did not solve the problem. I have tried a new sim along with other sims and all are not being read. I have tried custom ROMs and different radios which has not helped, my IMEI has remained present and correct throughout so I'm ruling out a corrupt EFS. Is it likely that the motherboard has failed. I'm out of warranty and not wanting to stump up the cost of repair.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Flash your official firmware by downloading it from sampro.pl or sammobile.com, flash it with PC Odin under PDA tab.
After you done, don't let reboot your phone, goto recovery by pressing vol up+ menu key then power key(continuously hold it until your restarts might be 4~8 secs.) Then check 'Wipe Cache Partition', and then reboot phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to m.b.jikre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #3  

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.b.jikre

Flash your official firmware by downloading it from sampro.pl or sammobile.com, flash it with PC Odin under PDA tab.
After you done, don't let reboot your phone, goto recovery by pressing vol up+ menu key then power key(continuously hold it until your restarts might be 4~8 secs.) Then check 'Wipe Cache Partition', and then reboot phone.

i have this same problem, but if i flash an official firmware from my country i have no recovery so i cannot go to ur step 2, and wipe cache , so im still with the same problem , can somebody help please? im going crazy with this problem.....sorry im a noob in this matter
19th April 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pune

171 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mano_60

i have this same problem, but if i flash an official firmware from my country i have no recovery so i cannot go to ur step 2, and wipe cache , so im still with the same problem , can somebody help please? im going crazy with this problem.....sorry im a noob in this matter

Every phone has a recovery, and with official firmware you've official recovery <<Android System Recovey 3e>>. Maybe you're leaving buttons so earlier.

Last edited by m.b.jikre; 19th April 2014 at 02:42 PM.
19th April 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #5  

40 posts
Quote:

Every phone has a recovery, and with official firmware you've official recovery <<Android System Recovey 3e>>. Maybe you're leaving buttons so earlier.

sorry for the mistake, i was able to enter recovery and wipe cache, but the problem is the same, No Sim
19th April 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag Pune

171 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mano_60

sorry for the mistake, i was able to enter recovery and wipe cache, but the problem is the same, No Sim

I told you, "After you done, don't let reboot your phone". Go directly to recovery menu.

And how are you flashing your phone using PC Odin(With PDA tab) or Mobile Odin Pro?
19th April 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #7  

40 posts
Quote:

I told you, "After you done, don't let reboot your phone". Go directly to recovery menu.

And how are you flashing your phone using PC Odin(With PDA tab) or Mobile Odin Pro?

Using PC ODin pda tab, when i did it, it reboot because of a option on odin, will do it with no reboot

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

i am very sorry repling again, keep flashing keep tryng to go to recovery and it doesn t go , keeps rebooting to the main scree with "Samsung N7105 LTE" and no recovey menu. Tried 3/4 times diferent ways all the same
19th April 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Reading

3 posts
More
Quote:

I will give this a shot when I get some time tonight, I'm currently on Paranoid Android custom ROM with CMW recovery. Will let you know how it goes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread