OP RODKNEE1231

16th February 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,258

1,965 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RODKNEE1231

Windows 7 64bit adb is installed and when i plug in my phone i get nothing, in download mode or sideload. Id like to just use adb and throw a rom on it to get it going. Essentially my problem is my phone will not connect to my pc

Does your phone start up? Or are you able to get into recovery? I can't remember.
When you installed adb, did you add it to PATH? If not, change to the directory adb is installed. Something like cd android-sdk/platform-tools. Yours may be different.
You can also try this. Uninstall the LG drivers. Reboot your computer. Install LG drivers again. Should be v3.10 I think. Reboot your computer. Also shut down your phone. And start it again.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th February 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #22  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95

Does your phone start up? Or are you able to get into recovery? I can't remember.
When you installed adb, did you add it to PATH? If not, change to the directory adb is installed. Something like cd android-sdk/platform-tools. Yours may be different.
You can also try this. Uninstall the LG drivers. Reboot your computer. Install LG drivers again. Should be v3.10 I think. Reboot your computer. Also shut down your phone. And start it again.

Yes boots into cwm recovery. I have rebooted and reinstalled the drivers. Ill check the path but im pretty sure its where it should be. When i run a command adb devices it doesnt show my device
16th February 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor

1,965 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RODKNEE1231

Yes boots into cwm recovery. I have rebooted and reinstalled the drivers. Ill check the path but im pretty sure its where it should be. When i run a command adb devices it doesnt show my device

Did you get this worked out yet? If not PM me.

19th April 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Same Problem
I am stuck too with the exact same problem.

Presently I have installed/unistalled driver multiple times but it is not helping.

Can get adb to see my device. Since adb and fastboot commands are working it is not a PATH issue.

Installed 3.10.1 version of drivers since I am on Win8.

If adb can be made to detect my device .. I can push backup to the internalsd and simply restore the backup from cwm.

Presently my Internal memory is clean and unfortunately this device does not accept sd cards.
19th April 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor

1,965 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maulik.parekh

I am stuck too with the exact same problem.

Presently I have installed/unistalled driver multiple times but it is not helping.

Can get adb to see my device. Since adb and fastboot commands are working it is not a PATH issue.

Installed 3.10.1 version of drivers since I am on Win8.

If adb can be made to detect my device .. I can push backup to the internalsd and simply restore the backup from cwm.

Presently my Internal memory is clean and unfortunately this device does not accept sd cards.

I'm not quite sure what you need, or are asking?
If you need some help with ADB sideload, read the first page here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2082084
19th April 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95

I'm not quite sure what you need, or are asking?
If you need some help with ADB sideload, read the first page here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2082084

Thanks for reply engine95. I sorted it out while you replied.

My problem was that I was not getting adb to recognize my deivce in Windows. It used to show me LG-LS970 or android phone while in recovery or fastboot respectively. [I thought it was driver issue].

Now what I did is with LGNPST i installed TeenyBin with TWRP.

After doing this my PC detected the phone and i was able to connect with adb. I didnot change any drivers this time.

I did adb sideload and installed ROM and everything started working fine.

So the issue was Unlocked bootloader and recovery was not working correctly dont know for what reason.

Now I am happy.. All is well ..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread