[Guide] HTC Dual Sim 802w (China Unicom), apply WWE European RUU, OTA & CWM or TWRP

Search This thread

geek-baba

Oct 15, 2013
Thanks again for the response. I renamed the zip, copied it to an sd card and stuck that in the phone. Rebooted to boot loader again and it automatically started checking the zip, then loading it, then in black it said flashing zip. then I appeared to be at the boot loader screen again this time in hoot mode. I tried simply rebooting and it still gives me the orange chinese splash screen, then a black screen that you can still see the led backlight on. When it said flashing zip, it only took about 20 seconds tops, which doesn't seem like long enough...

It takes atleast 20-30 mins for entire process, not sure whats wrong, post you getvar and will review.

Reactions: alaskan84

alaskan84

Jul 24, 2009
It takes atleast 20-30 mins for entire process, not sure whats wrong, post you getvar and will review.

Thanks once again for your responses Shwetkprabhat, really appreciate getting a hand here.

requested getvar:

C:\tools>
C:\tools>fastboot getvar all

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.49.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: U3.14.3509.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.21.1402.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7cdug
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0771000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTCCN703
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3722mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-f6d46eca
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.047s

geek-baba

Oct 15, 2013
Thanks once again for your responses Shwetkprabhat, really appreciate getting a hand here.

requested getvar:

C:\tools>
C:\tools>fastboot getvar all

(bootloader) version-main: 4.21.1402.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) cidnum: HTCCN703
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3722mV
(bootloader) security: on
finished. total time: 0.047s

How did you get to 4.21.1402.5? And since you are s-on, you can not apply the 4.21.1402.3 ruu because downgrade is not possible.

alaskan84

Jul 24, 2009
How did you get to 4.21.1402.5? And since you are s-on, you can not apply the 4.21.1402.3 ruu because downgrade is not possible.

It either came with that version, or it was applied as I went through all of the available OTA updates before I started messing with the phone.

Does that mean I have essentially a fastboot mode only brick?

geek-baba

Oct 15, 2013
Looks like yes, unless you get s-off with firewater or a newer ruu is released. Try using a custom rom like Maximus and that may work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alaskan84

Jul 24, 2009
Looks like yes, unless you get s-off with firewater or a newer ruu is released. Try using a custom rom like Maximus and that may work.

I downloaded the maximus rom and flashed via TWRP with success! No longer fast boot bricked! Thanks for the suggestion Shwet!

With that said, am i pretty much gonna need to stick with the maximus rom for awhile now, or can i proceed with trying to get the stock european RUU?

Since i have a working rom now, it might be possible to get s off?

Basically the phone is not for me, it was purchased for a friend of the family who will be traveling to south america and various other places soon. I wanted to get the phone as close to a non chinese version as i could. Maybe its best that i leave it as is now with the maximus rom for her? Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

geek-baba

Oct 15, 2013
Get s-off first, then we will decide next steps, and I would say to get this phone to stock, as it's always more dependable.

alaskan84

Jul 24, 2009
Firewater and RumRunner are the only two standard ways to get S-Off, right?

I tried RumRunner and it simply gets in the pouring, pouring, pouring loop and then says pray, restart and try again...no amount of prayer seems to let it be successful with s off.

I ran Firewater twice, the first time it glugged 3 bottles and then left me at the cmd prompt with no exit confirmation at all. The second time it only glugged 2 bottles and then left me at the same cmd prompt.

I'd be open to trying a different method if it existed....

Regardless, im happy that I have at least a booting ROM on the phone now

vuquan

Nov 7, 2004
I am on 4.21.401.5 and no wifi issues...

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would like to say more clearly that, the wifi issue happen when connect to WPA with security only (Input correct password, then Saved and Disabled). The WPA with un-security is ok.

awalysis

May 21, 2013
Plz I need help every time I try to flash the RUU through the bootloader I have this error 'system failUZ' I dunno wat else to do bt every other thing was able to install except the system then its says image unzipping fail! Update fail!

Last edited:

geek-baba

Oct 15, 2013
Plz I need help every time I try to flash the RUU through the bootloader I have this error 'system failUZ' I dunno wat else to do bt every other thing was able to install except the system then its says image unzipping fail! Update fail!

Please post your getvar and hboot screenshot.

adrenalize_

Aug 15, 2012
Partition Tables

Hi, I wonder if someone with an 802w running stock WWE European (x.x.401.x) firmware and familiar with adb would be so kind as to post their partition tables?

After running adb shell please run the following two commands:

cat /proc/emmc

cat proc/partitions

The reason I ask is because when changing and trying a few ROMs I think I flashed the 4.21.402.x Nordic firmware. (OK I know big mistake!) I can change back to my backup of 4.21.401.x wwe (or a 4.2.2 rom) using my TWRP backups - however the big problem is that my SIM2 signal is often poor or not working at all - I think because it will only work on 1800MHz and not 900MHz as well. I think it worked before!

I haven't managed to go back to any other stock ROMs - all firmwares (that include QSC) or RUUs fail on the QSC partition update (either RUU mode or hboot flash) so I guess that the 402 Nordic firmware has updated something that doesn't work without the whole 402 Nordic RUU - which of course does not seem to be available anywhere! I guess the QSC 100 bit that it fails on is because of either a different partition size or because the QSC version is too high and hboot or RUU mode will not downgrade. (QSC on hboot is E1237.29.35.0108) Anyone know which partition is updated by QSC in a firmware/ruu/ota?

So I'm a little stuck and would like to first see if the block counts for the partitions are the same as a starting point. I have read all the posts where people have the same QSC 100 partition update fail and none of the solutions work for me. I have a few more RUUs to try and see if they flash - but failing that I guess its either to try warranty or to get down and dirty with dd and partitions and try and dump the partitions off a working phone. (I can dd mmc paritions in TWRP terminal.command prompt - it works well).

geek-baba

Oct 15, 2013
Hi, I wonder if someone with an 802w running stock WWE European (x.x.401.x) firmware and familiar with adb would be so kind as to post their partition tables?

After running adb shell please run the following two commands:

cat /proc/emmc

cat proc/partitions

The reason I ask is because when changing and trying a few ROMs I think I flashed the 4.21.402.x Nordic firmware. (OK I know big mistake!) I can change back to my backup of 4.21.401.x wwe (or a 4.2.2 rom) using my TWRP backups - however the big problem is that my SIM2 signal is often poor or not working at all - I think because it will only work on 1800MHz and not 900MHz as well. I think it worked before!

I haven't managed to go back to any other stock ROMs - all firmwares (that include QSC) or RUUs fail on the QSC partition update (either RUU mode or hboot flash) so I guess that the 402 Nordic firmware has updated something that doesn't work without the whole 402 Nordic RUU - which of course does not seem to be available anywhere! I guess the QSC 100 bit that it fails on is because of either a different partition size or because the QSC version is too high and hboot or RUU mode will not downgrade. (QSC on hboot is E1237.29.35.0108) Anyone know which partition is updated by QSC in a firmware/ruu/ota?

So I'm a little stuck and would like to first see if the block counts for the partitions are the same as a starting point. I have read all the posts where people have the same QSC 100 partition update fail and none of the solutions work for me. I have a few more RUUs to try and see if they flash - but failing that I guess its either to try warranty or to get down and dirty with dd and partitions and try and dump the partitions off a working phone. (I can dd mmc paritions in TWRP terminal.command prompt - it works well).

Just flash this and you should be golden - modified_wwe_firmware_2.41.401.1_apply_to_x.xx.402.x_version.7z - 40.39 MB

adrenalize_

Aug 15, 2012

Thanks, I will give it another go, although I've already tried it - the modified firmware flashes OK as it doesn't contain a QSC image, however when applying RUUs or OTA firmwares they either won't flash or fail at QSC 100 then usually the phone won't boot other than into a black screen, HTC logo and 4 warning triangles in the corner.

I may have not been doing everything in the right order as I guess I need modified firmware > firmware from 2.19.401.1 OTA > 2.19.401.1 RUU - I think I've tried that order but will check again and make a good note of the results this time.

I'm guessing the x.xx.402.x ROM has something quite different - and I've currently got a mix of different versions' partitions hence the SIM2 problem and problems flashing other versions of QSC. I was trying to see from the partition lists if the partition sizes are different, my partition layout/sizes are the same as here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658242.

I'm assuming QSC is for the second SIM radio (Qualcomm Single Chip) but I don't know if QSC images in firmwares and RUUs are just a simple image of an mmc partition - and which partition that is. I don't know how hboot or RUU mode know where to put an image containing in a flashable zip - I assume it's hard coded in the bootloader or the zip has a config file but I need to go away and decrypt one to find out. Maybe they also don't want to downgrade the radio QSC version or that is not possible. (I guess the QSC radio chip may actually contain the code not just a partition in mmc and hence not downgradable) In which case I guess my only hope is a 402 RUU becoming available (probably unlikely) or trying to restore actual working partitions with the dd command in TWRP, and probably a 402 ROM (I know, very dangerous and important to avoid several partitions that have the serial no, imei, mac etc.) I have now backed up all my mmc partitions at least with dd - I did a standard TWRP backup before messing, but this doesn't do all the partitions and obviously not the ones I assume I've messed up!

Failing that I may have to try warranty, but I need to ship it off to China etc etc etc.

geek-baba

Oct 15, 2013
Thanks, I will give it another go, although I've already tried it - the modified firmware flashes OK as it doesn't contain a QSC image, however when applying RUUs or OTA firmwares they either won't flash or fail at QSC 100 then usually the phone won't boot other than into a black screen, HTC logo and 4 warning triangles in the corner.

I may have not been doing everything in the right order as I guess I need modified firmware > firmware from 2.19.401.1 OTA > 2.19.401.1 RUU - I think I've tried that order but will check again and make a good note of the results this time.

I'm guessing the x.xx.402.x ROM has something quite different - and I've currently got a mix of different versions' partitions hence the SIM2 problem and problems flashing other versions of QSC. I was trying to see from the partition lists if the partition sizes are different, my partition layout/sizes are the same as here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658242.

I'm assuming QSC is for the second SIM radio (Qualcomm Single Chip) but I don't know if QSC images in firmwares and RUUs are just a simple image of an mmc partition - and which partition that is. I don't know how hboot or RUU mode know where to put an image containing in a flashable zip - I assume it's hard coded in the bootloader or the zip has a config file but I need to go away and decrypt one to find out. Maybe they also don't want to downgrade the radio QSC version or that is not possible. (I guess the QSC radio chip may actually contain the code not just a partition in mmc and hence not downgradable) In which case I guess my only hope is a 402 RUU becoming available (probably unlikely) or trying to restore actual working partitions with the dd command in TWRP, and probably a 402 ROM (I know, very dangerous and important to avoid several partitions that have the serial no, imei, mac etc.) I have now backed up all my mmc partitions at least with dd - I did a standard TWRP backup before messing, but this doesn't do all the partitions and obviously not the ones I assume I've messed up!

Failing that I may have to try warranty, but I need to ship it off to China etc etc etc.

you need to post you fastboot getvar all values and the steps you are taking in sequence to find out what are you trying to do.

dlshad

Dec 21, 2011
i downloaded many ROMs one there:
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2617159

Unlocked ship s-on
hboot 2.27.0000
os-2.25.1403.1
CID HTCCN704
MID PN0780000

Shown me this msg
error in /external_sd 802t.zip (status 6)

With Some other ROMs shown me :
cant open /external_sd/pno7img_m7c_dtu_jb_50_s1_htccn_chs_cmcc_.......... .........zip (bad)

The MD5 is Correct
Tried With Fastboot Stoping With This :-

Failed (remote) 32 header error
can you Please help me ? thank you in advance

adrenalize_

Aug 15, 2012
you need to post you fastboot getvar all values and the steps you are taking in sequence to find out what are you trying to do.

So what I am ultimately trying to do is get SIM2 working again properly, assuming it is a software not hardware issue. I believe the issue is that I have some partitions with x.xx.402.x and some with x.xx.401.x. I had hoped that I could apply a 401 RUU - but with everything I've tried QSC fails to flash. My QSC version is E1237.29.35.0108 and because the QSC update always fails it doesn't get downgraded.

My steps so far are:

getvar all (to start with):
(bootloader) version-main: 4.21.402.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: HC36XW******
(bootloader) imei: 355868054******
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4125mV
(bootloader) security: off

Although this doesn't show the whole story as it doesn't show QSC version - see 1st picture - hboot screen with 402 firmware.

Flash modified_wwe_firmware_2.41.401.1_apply_to_x.xx.402 .x_version in hboot - See 2nd & 3rd pictures - flashes OK

I then changed the CID to HTC__A07 and flashed the firmware.zip from OTA 2.19.401.1 See pictures 4 & 5 - Note QSC Fail

I then flashed the 2.19.401.1 RUU in hboot - see picture 6 - note QSC fail.

At this point the phone will boot OK into 2.19.401.1 - but note in picture 7 that the QSC version has not been downgraded and I still have the problem with SIM2.

If I flash the RUU in RUU mode I get the same error becase at QSC, 100 it fails:

(bootloader) ...... Successful
FAILED (remote: 51 partition update fail)
finished. total time: 313.455s

but then the phone won't boot and you get the black screen htc and 4 triangles in the corner.

I have tried with the Chinese firmware also but also get QSC partition update fails.

So I don't think it is possible to downgrade QSC - I'm note sure what is stopping it - partition size, flash security, actually held in QSC memory etc and hence why I was looking at individual mmc partitions and asked for the partition table.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Guide] HTC Dual Sim 802w (China Unicom), apply WWE European RUU, OTA & CWM or TWRP

I have been playing around with China Unicom 802w model for a while, I ordered it on Amazon (via merimobiles) in US. Since I received the handset, have been trying several guides and methods to get rid of Chinese stuff and get english blinkfeed, facebook, twitter, google services etc. Also tried 2 Rom mod's out there - MaximusHD (by llabtoofer now end of life no more updates released the kitkat update with limited support) and Soul Rom (Chinese Unauthorized Kang version based of Viper Rom) , it was always a challenge to keep following Chinese and Russian forums to get the new releases, then flash it etc.

The goal of this guide is to use Stock Rom with default english region content and able to receive official OTA updates without manually checking for it. Note I am assuming that you have some knowledge and experience in rooting android phones, using ADB, fastboot etc, and you have the usb drivers installed, as well as set up your phone to allow USB debugging etc. This guide started for China Unicom Model however, this will be helpful if:

• Your MID and CID is combination of the following:
      1. modelid: PN0771000
      2. modelid: PN0772000
      3. cidnum: HTC__001
      4. cidnum: HTC__A07
      5. cidnum: HTC__A48
      6. cidnum: HTC__Y13
      7. cidnum: HTC__J15
      8. cidnum: HTC__032
      9. cidnum: HTCCN703

Now over to the Guide!

WARNING: I see several users are on HBOOT 2.26 and/or are on x.xx.402.x version (Nordic, East Europe, UAE(Arabic Keyboard Support)) are having issue applying the RUU or not able to get the OTA automatically. Please be careful while trying this guide and as always first backup your phone before trying anything.

KitKat WARNING: Please note that KitKat RUU cannot be flashed with old versions of bootloaders (hboot) and cannot be decrypted by ruuveal tool. HTC changed encryption with no backward compatibilty for KitKat update. So in order to flash KitKat RUU you must flash latest KitKat hboot version 2.49 or higher. To downgrade to JellyBean later you will need old hboot from previous versions.

I am including the old and the new HBOOT PN07IMG images if you are already on Kitkat and want to apply european ruu:

1. HBOOT 2.27 + 4.2.2 Stock Recovery.7z - 12.62 MB
    2. HBOOT 2.49 + 4.4.2 Stock Recovery.7z - 14.27 MB

How to update:

• Download the HBOOT what you need and extract the PN07IMG.zip from
    • Copy PN07IMG.zip onto External SD Card root folder and reboot to BOOTLOADER
    • You will be asked if you want to flash it and you can press volume up button to select yes.
    • You will be flashed with the HBOOT of your choice.

1. The first step is to get S-OFF

1.1 use moonshine for HBOOT 2.23: [Guide] Moonshine S-Off (802w model)
    1.2 use rumrunner for HBOOT 2.26/2.27: [Instructions] Rumrunner S-Off
    1.3 use firewater for HBOOT 2.49: [Instructions] Firewater S-Off

2. Download the European version RUU - PN07IMG_M7C_DUG_JB_50_S1_HTC_Europe_2.19.401.1_Radio_1237.21.28.0627_release_326125.zip - 989.19 MB

3. Now you need to change the CID to HTC__A07 (you can also use the Super CID, not preferred for new users):
    Code:
    fastboot oem writecid HTC__A07

4. Lock the device:
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock

5. Now run the following commands in sequence:
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7C_DUG_JB_50_S1_HTC_Europe_2.19.401.1_Rad io_1237.21.28.0627_release_326125.zip

5.1 If you get the error (this happens whenever HBOOT version changes):
    HTML:
    FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
    you will need to run "ONLY" the following command again:

Code:
    fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7C_DUG_JB_50_S1_HTC_Europe_2.19.401.1_Rad io_1237.21.28.0627_release_326125.zip

Once you see "success" run:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

6. You are now on WWE European Version RUU and will receive OTA!

Now you don't have to apply any patches for boot animation, blinkfeed, google services, remove bloatware or worry about chinese apps or spyware and best part you have a Factory Locked Stock phone, which just works.

Alternate Method: PN07IMG.zip and flash through HBOOT

Prerequisite:
    • The Phone must be s-off.
    • The BOOTLOADER must be locked.
    • The Ext SD card formatted with FAT32.
    • The CID must be HTC__001 or HTC__A07 or HTC__A48
    Update Steps:
    1. Download and Rename PN07IMG_M7C_DUG_JB_50_S1_HTC_Europe_2.19.401.1_Radio_1237.21.28.0627_release_326125.zip - 989.19 MB to PN07IMG.zip
    2. Copy PN07IMG.zip onto External SD Card root folder and reboot to BOOTLOADER
    3. You will be asked if you want to flash it and you can press volume up button to select yes.
    4. You will be flashed with the european stock RUU.

Manual OTA update:
    1. Download OTA_M7C_DUG_JB_50_S1_HTC_Europe_2.41.401.1-2.19.401.1_release_3398289.zip - 131.61 MB and rename it to ota.zip.
    2. Make sure you have the stock (original) recovery flashed on your device
    3. Make sure you're running a completely unmodified operating system. Additional files like Superuser.apk or su binary are allowed, you just can't have any system files changed or removed (due to the MD5 check)
    4. Make sure you have a reasonable amount of battery charge remaining
    5. Make sure the OTA update you're about to install matches the software version on your device (read HTC Over The Air (OTA) Update facts you need to know for detailed info)
    6. Copy the ota.zip package to your device (internal storage preferred)
    7. Turn OFF the device (make sure fastboot mode is disabled in settings)
    8. Hold your volume down and power keys until the bootloader starts up
    9. Using the volume keys, navigate down to RECOVERY and press power
    10. You are now in stock recovery mode. You should see nothing more than a (sometimes spinning) Android with the red exclamation mark above it (an empty black screen is also possible). Wait for a few seconds
    11. First hold volume up, then (with volume up held down) press power button to enter the main recovery menu.
    12. Navigate down to "apply from phone storage" text and press power to confirm
    13. Navigate to the location where you copied the ota.zip package and press power to confirm
    14. Wait (sometimes you might need to follow further instructions on the screen) until the update process is finished
    15. Once system is booted you should see a confirmation about the successfully flashed update.

KitKat Update: Most users are not able to recieve the kitkat OTA and have to apply it manually, to do that you need to flash the HBOOT 2.49 + 4.4.2 Stock Recovery.7z - 14.27 MB, before you can apply the OTA manually.

Flash CWM or TWRP without unlocking bootloader: PN07IMG.zip and flash through HBOOT
    1. Download any of the following recovery depending on what you like and extract the PN07IMG.zip from
      1.1 HTC_802w_CWM_recovery_6.0.3.3_PhilZ_Touch_5.7z - 8.50 MB
      1.2 HTC_802w_CWM_recovery_6.0.3.6.7z - 7.46 MB
      1.3 HTC_802w_CWM_recovery_6.0.4.7.7z - 8.56 MB
      1.4 HTC_802w_CWM_recovery_6.0.4.8.7z - 8.40 MB
      1.5 HTC_802w_TWRP_recovery_2.6.0.0.7z - 7.93 MB
      1.6 HTC_802w_TWRP_recovery_2.6.3.4.7z - 9.22 MB
      1.7 HTC_802w_TWRP_recovery_2.7.0.0.7z - 9.84 MB
    2. Copy PN07IMG.zip onto External SD Card root folder and reboot to BOOTLOADER
    3. You will be asked if you want to flash it and you can press volume up button to select yes.
    4. You will be flashed with the custom recovery of your choice.

Go back to Stock recovery without unlocking bootloader: PN07IMG.zip and flash through HBOOT
    1. Download and extract the PN07IMG.zip from
      1.1 HTC_802w_Stock_recovery_2.41.401.1.7z - 12.10 MB
      1.2 HTC_802w_Stock_recovery_4.21.401.5.7z - 13.72 MB
    2. Follow same steps as above
    3. You will be flashed with the Stock recovery.
    802w WWE European Edition KitKat (4.4.2) manual update

I'm trying to apply the European 4.21.401.5 OTA update manually as my phone hasn't received the update automatically but must be doing something daft as I can't get it to work.

Am I correct in thinking I should rename the .zip to PN07IMG.zip and put it on the external SD, then enter bootloader? I've also tried extracting firmware.zip and renaming it first too. When I enter bootloader without doing anything it checks for PN07IMG.zip and says loading for a while then parsing, then shortly after it says "Press power to reboot". Or do I need to do it in recovery?

I am on 2.41.401.1, S-OFF and I've checked the MD5 of the download and the one on the external card. I know, I know probably doing something daft, or I can't see for looking in the forums!

To update to kitkat, you need to do the following:

1. Flash the HBOOT 2.49 + 4.4.2 Stock Recovery.7z - 14.27 MB first.
    • Download and and extract the PN07IMG.zip from HBOOT 2.49 + 4.4.2 Stock Recovery.7z
    • Copy PN07IMG.zip onto External SD Card root folder and reboot to BOOTLOADER
    • You will be asked if you want to flash it and you can press volume up button to select yes.
    • You will be updated with the latest stock recovery and hboot 2.49.
    2. Once you have flashed the latest hboot and recovery, download OTA_M7C_DUG_K44_SENSE55_MR_HTC_Europe_4.21.401.5-2.41.401.1_release_355886.zip - 867.93 MB and rename it to ota.zip.
    3. Now follow the manual update process:
    • Make sure you have the stock (original) recovery flashed on your device (which you just did in first step)
    • Make sure you're running a completely unmodified operating system. Additional files like Superuser.apk or su binary are allowed, you just can't have any system files changed or removed (due to the MD5 check)
    • Make sure you have a reasonable amount of battery charge remaining
    • Make sure the OTA update you're about to install matches the software version on your device (read HTC Over The Air (OTA) Update facts you need to know for detailed info)
    • Copy the ota.zip package to your device (internal storage preferred)
    • Turn OFF the device (make sure fastboot mode is disabled in settings)
    • Hold your volume down and power keys until the bootloader starts up
    • Using the volume keys, navigate down to RECOVERY and press power
    • You are now in stock recovery mode. You should see nothing more than a (sometimes spinning) Android with the red exclamation mark above it (an empty black screen is also possible). Wait for a few seconds
    • First hold volume up, then (with volume up held down) press power button to enter the main recovery menu.
    • Navigate down to "apply from phone storage" text and press power to confirm
    • Navigate to the location where you copied the ota.zip package and press power to confirm
    • Wait (sometimes you might need to follow further instructions on the screen) until the update process is finished
    • Once system is booted you should see a confirmation about the successfully flashed update.
    I installed the stock European rom after wiping the Chinese rooted version so I am on stock rom but couldn't get updates as mentioned in post#120 so I I'm trying to flash the available OTA, I flashed the stock rom 3 times but no updates so I am trying to do it manually but I failed

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok - thanks for providing more details, since you are on stock recovery, follow the steps below:

1. Make sure you are on stock recovery.
    2. Make sure you're running unmodified operating system. Additional files like Superuser.apk or su binary are allowed, you just can't have any system files changed or removed (due to the MD5 check)
    3. Copy the OTA update.zip package to your device (internal storage preferred)
    4. Turn OFF the device (make sure fastboot mode is disabled in settings)
    5. Hold your volume down and power keys until the bootloader starts up
    6. Using the volume keys, navigate down to RECOVERY and press power
    7. You are now in stock recovery mode. Wait for a few seconds
    8. First hold volume up, then (with volume up held down) press power button to enter the main recovery menu.
    9. Navigate down to "apply from phone storage" text and press power to confirm
    10. Navigate to the location where you copied the OTA update.zip package and press power to confirm
    11. Wait (sometimes you might need to follow further instructions on the screen) until the update process is finished
    12. Once system is booted you should see a confirmation about the successfully flashed update
    [SOLVED] QSC Write Partition Error

Thanks, but this is the procedure I have been doing even without flashing the 2.19 firmware and I get the QSC write partition error (as in post #501) - so it looks like the higher version of QSC that the x.x.402.x firmware I unfortunately flashed is causing an issue, and hence why I was asking if someone could post their partition list to see if the sizes are the same etc - or maybe it is the bootloader that won't downgrade the QSC version.

OK, so I managed to get a partition table and dd images of every partition (well I didn't bother with mmcblkp40 the internal "SD" card) and the MBR from a very kind person who lent me their 802w for an hour or so and have managed to fix my phone:cool:

NOTE: This is for advanced users and you could easily completely brick your handset - do anything at your own risk)

As this isn't a common problem I'll try and be brief, but I have seen a few people with issues at the point QSC is written in either a "firmware.zip" flash or full RUU flash.

So I foolishly/stupidly:silly: flashed the x.xx.402.x KitKat firmware onto my 802w that was running x.xx.401.x happily and working. I also restored a TWRP backup of x.xx.402.x as it was purported to have slightly better network support and is ROM on the UK supplied One dual sims. However SIM2 lost 900MHz support so didn't work with several carriers in the UK - but 1800MHz still worked. Not ideal!!

So no bother I thought I'd just simply reapply the x.xx.401.x RUU as per that instruction in post #1 as I had done several times previously. However when the QSC part of the RUU was unzipped it would not write to the partition. I noted that the 402 firmware QSC version was E1237.29.35.0108 a much higher version than any other ROM I had seen and can only assume that there is some sort of version check that the bootloader does and would not write this partition effectively downgrading this. A newer version probably would not have been the problem had all the other partitions been flashed with an x.xx.402.x RUU, but as we know there is no x.xx.402.x RUU.

A lot of people suggested the partition sizes were incorrect. I don't believe this to be the case as all the partition entries on both the working and non-working phones were the same. The only partition difference was that /proc/emmc lists an additional named partition: mmcblk0p26: 00004000 00000200 "control" that was not present on the working 401 phone (well the partition was there but not listed in /proc/emmc). However the starting block, number of blocks etc was the same for mmcblk0p26 on both.

A few partitions contained reference to the QSC number and I tried editing them to a lower version, writing the partition back and flashing, but to no avail, still QSC WP error. Note at this point the bootloader screen always showed the higher 402 QSC version.

So I backed up all partitions of the good phone with dd using TWRP terminal prompt to SD and wrote them back to the faulty phone with the the exception of partitions 4,5,6,37 and 40 which either contained board info/serial number/IMEI, or recovery partition and the "SD card" partition. Now the bootloader shows the older version of QSC, the phone boots but SIM2 still no 900MHz. Interestingly in the info about versions menu the QSC version shows as the higher 402 version. Hmmm.

So I tried to flash the x.xx.401.x RUU again and holding my breath for ages the QSC partition writes successfully and the now 900MHz works on SIM2.

So I think that the bootloader prevents downgrading the QSC version, but can be made to think it has an older version and will then write it. In this case it is not that the partition sizes/layout is different - but mmcblk0p26 now being listed as "control" probably also is part of it.

It is clear that I had an unusual situation where some partitions were from one firmware and others from a different firmware. This may also be the case for others with QSC WP errors as I assume that OTAs and firmware.zip contents assume certain partitions pre-exist and don't need updating so aren't included and there is some version control of the QSC partition. I'm not entirely sure which mmcblk0p* partition QSC gets flashed to - I have a feeling it may have a holding mmc partition but is then flashed direct to the QSC chip which I believe is the Qualcom Single Chip used for the second SIM. (Mainly from observing that different partitions write at different speeds).

So if you can boot to bootloader / HBOOT and flash TWRP but your phone doesn't work and you get errors flashing RUUs then you can probably recover most phones if you have images of the good mmcblk0p*s. I may be able to assist if you have an 802w and need images of x.xx.401.x mmcblk0p*s;)
    this my screen now

and i dont know what can i do

fastboot getvar all
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.26.0000
    (bootloader) version-baseband: U2.07.3501.27
    (bootloader) version-main: 2.41.402.3
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
    (bootloader) serialno: HC3CEW900868
    (bootloader) imei: 351523062065533
    (bootloader) cidnum: HTC__A07
    (bootloader) battery-voltage: 4287mV
    (bootloader) security: off
    (bootloader) boot-mode: RUU
    (bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
    finished. total time: 0.081s

Looks like your HBOOT flash is working from external sdcard, try to flash this - modified_wwe_firmware_2.41.401.1_apply_to_x.xx.402.x_version.7z - 40.39 MB

The basic problem is that you have an european version of HTC One 802w which was on HBOOT: 2.26.0000 and Software Version: 2.41.402.3 and thats causing issue.

The best way is to find the RUU for you original CID and flash it, however I have modified the firmware for HBOOT 2.27 and lets see if that works.