Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 48,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is the use of ("ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1") ?

Tip us?

Synide496
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] What is the use of ("ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1") ?

I wanna know what is the use of this tweak "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1" , I am told this will free up more ram because it locks the launcher in memory and use less ram .. but i want to know what exactly this does and will it kill any im messengers running in background like whatsapp?

Ps. I have removed and freezed all the bloatware from my sgy so usually my ram usage is 150-160mb with whatsapp and holo launcher running.. will this tweak do any good and will it kill whatsapp? or will i get notifications from whatsapp normally?

shadman0
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 116
Its only decrease the usage ram i think there is no work of this tweak work

Himan Boro
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Yes bro..It will Clear all ur Apps Running in Background And ...after pressing Clear Ram In Task Manager u will b redirected to ur Launcher's main menu..

iF u r using Holo launcher as Default launcher then aftr clearing ram u wil b stucked in some Apps likd Dial Pad/Root Explorer /Settings or othr Apps for few second and finall thn u sil b.redirctd to Launchers main menu...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Himan Boro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Synide496
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan Boro View Post
Yes bro..It will Clear all ur Apps Running in Background And ...after pressing Clear Ram In Task Manager u will b redirected to ur Launcher's main menu..

iF u r using Holo launcher as Default launcher then aftr clearing ram u wil b stucked in some Apps likd Dial Pad/Root Explorer /Settings or othr Apps for few second and finall thn u sil b.redirctd to Launchers main menu...
but will it stop whatsapp automatically?? if it stops only when i click clear ram then ok but it shouldnt stop whatsapp by itself ...
also if you knw any good safe tweaks to improve performance or battry den lemme knw :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Synide496 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Himan Boro
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Yap..It Wil Close All Apps As I Said...
...M Using ATM.... :P
Advance Task Manager........Nope IDK..Coz M Also Using That ro.HOME.APP......tweaks for Ram...