FORUMS

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

Arrow Launcher: Good Effort Without Direction

Microsoft’s Android expansion has been well received on the productivity front, but … more

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

[Q] Note 3 Slow Wifi Speed (SM-N9005)

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By vick1982, Junior Member on 19th March 2014, 03:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th March 2014, 06:35 PM |#11  
Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick1982

i have answered this above.. my SD is not the bottleneck

Did you ensure that your file size is above 500MB?

And that a question about your router, have you enable qss function or not?

And which app have you used to transfer the file.
 
 
19th March 2014, 08:26 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingchiu169

Did you ensure that your file size is above 500MB?

And that a question about your router, have you enable qss function or not?

And which app have you used to transfer the file.

Yes I have tried from 100mb file size to 3 gig(but I don't see what difference that makes). I have used the app wifi speed test and also ES File explorer to test copying files from network share.

I am getting 130Mbit fine when transferring files with my wireless n laptop. Note 3 is supposed to be AC. It says it's connected at 400Mbit but not able to send or receive faster than 25-30 Mbit

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
20th March 2014, 09:33 AM |#13  
Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick1982

Yes I have tried from 100mb file size to 3 gig(but I don't see what difference that makes). I have used the app wifi speed test and also ES File explorer to test copying files from network share.

I am getting 130Mbit fine when transferring files with my wireless n laptop. Note 3 is supposed to be AC. It says it's connected at 400Mbit but not able to send or receive faster than 25-30 Mbit

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Actually around 25-30Mbit is a pratical speed of 801g, have you check the wifi speed in wif setting?

Last edited by chingchiu169; 20th March 2014 at 09:53 AM.
20th March 2014, 12:35 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingchiu169

Actually around 25-30Mbit is a pratical speed of 801g, have you check the wifi speed in wif setting?

Hi... i appreciate your trying to help... but as i have said above i am using 5Ghz wireless AC router. Netgear Nighthawk R7000. This is one of the fastest consumer routers out.

there is definitely a problem with my note 3 wifi speed... 25-30Mbit is ridiculous... the phone is saying its connected at 433Mbit .. i am uisng AC.

My old laptop which is using only wireless N is able to transfer at 130Mbit (i have tested this)... and i have tried using N with the phone also and only getting 20-25 Mbit with wireless N.
20th March 2014, 12:48 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick1982

Hi... i appreciate your trying to help... but as i have said above i am using 5Ghz wireless AC router. Netgear Nighthawk R7000. This is one of the fastest consumer routers out.

there is definitely a problem with my note 3 wifi speed... 25-30Mbit is ridiculous... the phone is saying its connected at 433Mbit .. i am uisng AC.

My old laptop which is using only wireless N is able to transfer at 130Mbit (i have tested this)... and i have tried using N with the phone also and only getting 20-25 Mbit with wireless N.

I have attached picture of my phone wifi... as you can see it says 433Mbit... but can only transfer at 25-30Mbit...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-20-22-41-26.png
Views:	258
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	2640302  
20th March 2014, 01:37 PM |#16  
Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick1982

I have attached picture of my phone wifi... as you can see it says 433Mbit... but can only transfer at 25-30Mbit...

have you rooted your note3?

is it the CSC problem in the phone?

You may try flash other version if you have rooted.
20th March 2014, 01:49 PM |#17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingchiu169

have you rooted your note3?

is it the CSC problem in the phone?

You may try flash other version if you have rooted.

Hi,

My phone is still stock... no root or custom roms.. Android 4.3
19th April 2014, 01:43 PM |#18  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i guess no other suggestions... i must have a dud radio or something.. really annoying as sometimes i like to copy and upload videos to my home server using wireless .. but its too slow.
19th April 2014, 04:00 PM |#19  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick1982

i guess no other suggestions... i must have a dud radio or something.. really annoying as sometimes i like to copy and upload videos to my home server using wireless .. but its too slow.

from all the reading i have done on this i think its not an issue with the note 3 wifi.. but with android samba (SMB) being very very crap

I did a test with ftp with note 3 and managed to get about 100Mbit (12 MB/sec) speed... still slower than i would like with AC and my router as my N laptop still faster .... but still 4 times faster than SMB with android
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes