Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 Slow Wifi Speed (SM-N9005)

Tip us?

chingchiu169
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick1982 View Post
i have answered this above.. my SD is not the bottleneck
Did you ensure that your file size is above 500MB?

And that a question about your router, have you enable qss function or not?

And which app have you used to transfer the file.

vick1982
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingchiu169 View Post
Did you ensure that your file size is above 500MB?

And that a question about your router, have you enable qss function or not?

And which app have you used to transfer the file.
Yes I have tried from 100mb file size to 3 gig(but I don't see what difference that makes). I have used the app wifi speed test and also ES File explorer to test copying files from network share.

I am getting 130Mbit fine when transferring files with my wireless n laptop. Note 3 is supposed to be AC. It says it's connected at 400Mbit but not able to send or receive faster than 25-30 Mbit

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

chingchiu169
Old
(Last edited by chingchiu169; 20th March 2014 at 09:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Yes I have tried from 100mb file size to 3 gig(but I don't see what difference that makes). I have used the app wifi speed test and also ES File explorer to test copying files from network share.

I am getting 130Mbit fine when transferring files with my wireless n laptop. Note 3 is supposed to be AC. It says it's connected at 400Mbit but not able to send or receive faster than 25-30 Mbit

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Actually around 25-30Mbit is a pratical speed of 801g, have you check the wifi speed in wif setting?

vick1982
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Actually around 25-30Mbit is a pratical speed of 801g, have you check the wifi speed in wif setting?

Hi... i appreciate your trying to help... but as i have said above i am using 5Ghz wireless AC router. Netgear Nighthawk R7000. This is one of the fastest consumer routers out.

there is definitely a problem with my note 3 wifi speed... 25-30Mbit is ridiculous... the phone is saying its connected at 433Mbit .. i am uisng AC.

My old laptop which is using only wireless N is able to transfer at 130Mbit (i have tested this)... and i have tried using N with the phone also and only getting 20-25 Mbit with wireless N.

vick1982
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi... i appreciate your trying to help... but as i have said above i am using 5Ghz wireless AC router. Netgear Nighthawk R7000. This is one of the fastest consumer routers out.

there is definitely a problem with my note 3 wifi speed... 25-30Mbit is ridiculous... the phone is saying its connected at 433Mbit .. i am uisng AC.

My old laptop which is using only wireless N is able to transfer at 130Mbit (i have tested this)... and i have tried using N with the phone also and only getting 20-25 Mbit with wireless N.
I have attached picture of my phone wifi... as you can see it says 433Mbit... but can only transfer at 25-30Mbit...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-20-22-41-26.png
Views:	126
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	2640302  

chingchiu169
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I have attached picture of my phone wifi... as you can see it says 433Mbit... but can only transfer at 25-30Mbit...

have you rooted your note3?

is it the CSC problem in the phone?

You may try flash other version if you have rooted.

vick1982
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
have you rooted your note3?

is it the CSC problem in the phone?

You may try flash other version if you have rooted.
Hi,

My phone is still stock... no root or custom roms.. Android 4.3

vick1982
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i guess no other suggestions... i must have a dud radio or something.. really annoying as sometimes i like to copy and upload videos to my home server using wireless .. but its too slow.

vick1982
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i guess no other suggestions... i must have a dud radio or something.. really annoying as sometimes i like to copy and upload videos to my home server using wireless .. but its too slow.
from all the reading i have done on this i think its not an issue with the note 3 wifi.. but with android samba (SMB) being very very crap

I did a test with ftp with note 3 and managed to get about 100Mbit (12 MB/sec) speed... still slower than i would like with AC and my router as my N laptop still faster .... but still 4 times faster than SMB with android