Flash on KitKat/GS5

Search This thread

didureboot

Oct 12, 2011
If anyone is interested and hasn't already discovered this on their own, Firefox has made flash work again. Just download and install the newest version of Firefox. Then go to http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.81/install_flash_player_ics.apk. download and install this version of flash and go to town. Some sites will recognize the mobile browser and disable flash, but switching to the desktop mode will bypass this

Knight-Rider

Feb 28, 2013
If anyone is interested and hasn't already discovered this on their own, Firefox has made flash work again. Just download and install the newest version of Firefox. Then go to http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.81/install_flash_player_ics.apk. download and install this version of flash and go to town. Some sites will recognize the mobile browser and disable flash, but switching to the desktop mode will bypass this

Can confirm working on AT&T Note 3 running stock Kit Kat 4.4.2. Thank you!

Reactions: jabalot

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL

Has anyone tried it with Dolphin?
I was able to use Dolphin Browser and Flash on the Note 3 and S4.

kprice8

Apr 23, 2014
Lansing MI
Just tried this, Puffin and other Flash Browsers for S5, and was told that due to KitKat restrictions it was no longer possible for flash to be emulated on cloud and used on KitKat.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Just tried this, Puffin and other Flash Browsers for S5, and was told that due to KitKat restrictions it was no longer possible for flash to be emulated on cloud and used on KitKat.

of course theyll say that.. technically its not supported but theres always a way.. its working for others including myself.. i just sideload the last android flash apk n use dolphin n if for some reason it wont run i switch to desktop mode.. if its not working for you then youre doing something wrong. you cant confirm its not working on vzw s5 when clearly it is for others

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

kprice8

Apr 23, 2014
Lansing MI
of course theyll say that.. technically its not supported but theres always a way.. its working for others including myself.. i just sideload the last android flash apk n use dolphin n if for some reason it wont run i switch to desktop mode.. if its not working for you then youre doing something wrong. you cant confirm its not working on vzw s5 when clearly it is for others

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

I retract my previous post, after hunting down the .apk and installed it, I am now able to have Flash on Puffin(I own the full version). Thanks!

Top Liked Posts