Post Reply

[Q] Root + Custom Recovery for ZVC

13th April 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #1  
I received the OTA ZVC update last week and was currently rooted and had TWRP installed at the time. I reflashed the stock rom using the LG Flash tool and went through three updates to eventually wind up at Kitkat, when I was using the stock ZVA rom I was able to use IORoot 25 to root my phone and then use FreeGee to install TWRP later on. Now that I'm on ZVC Official I can still use IORoot25 to root my phone but can not seem to get a custom recovery to stick, anybody else figure this out?
13th April 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Lake Villa
Thanks Meter: 548
 
1,010 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
You need a downgraded aboot and kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
13th April 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
64mosh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 54
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifesto

I received the OTA ZVC update last week and was currently rooted and had TWRP installed at the time. I reflashed the stock rom using the LG Flash tool and went through three updates to eventually wind up at Kitkat, when I was using the stock ZVA rom I was able to use IORoot 25 to root my phone and then use FreeGee to install TWRP later on. Now that I'm on ZVC Official I can still use IORoot25 to root my phone but can not seem to get a custom recovery to stick, anybody else figure this out?

There's a new method to install twrp without breaking download mode , once you're on ZVC rooted with ioroot25, download the new app by @Cloudyfa http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51857807 which would install twrp and you will still be able to use download mode if you have to!

Send from my OpTimuS DE 2.2 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 64mosh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64mosh

There's a new method to install twrp without breaking download mode , once you're on ZVC rooted with ioroot25, download the new app by @Cloudyfa http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51857807 which would install twrp and you will still be able to use download mode if you have to!

Send from my OpTimuS DE 2.2 using Tapatalk


Thanks! Thats' much appreciated!
15th April 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #5  
KB112's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East SF-Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 694
 
2,966 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifesto

I received the OTA ZVC update last week and was currently rooted and had TWRP installed at the time. I reflashed the stock rom using the LG Flash tool and went through three updates to eventually wind up at Kitkat, when I was using the stock ZVA rom I was able to use IORoot 25 to root my phone and then use FreeGee to install TWRP later on. Now that I'm on ZVC Official I can still use IORoot25 to root my phone but can not seem to get a custom recovery to stick, anybody else figure this out?


Also, you can just flash the ZVC TOT. You don't need to flash an old TOT and work your way to current. I was on ZV7 rooted and went straight to ZVC TOT.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Even better post this in q and a

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to darkpoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifesto

I received the OTA ZVC update last week and was currently rooted and had TWRP installed at the time. I reflashed the stock rom using the LG Flash tool and went through three updates to eventually wind up at Kitkat, when I was using the stock ZVA rom I was able to use IORoot 25 to root my phone and then use FreeGee to install TWRP later on. Now that I'm on ZVC Official I can still use IORoot25 to root my phone but can not seem to get a custom recovery to stick, anybody else figure this out?

I just did what IORoot25 and the AutoRec. I'm with sprint and just got the phone. What can I do with this KK release? Can I install camera update or try out kernels? There seems to be no roms for this ZVC update.

So, I do I determine which kernel is patched to work with ZVC? since AutoRec is patched, there must be other patched Kernels out there. Just a noob right now.
Last edited by NSTar1; 16th April 2014 at 08:06 AM.
16th April 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Lake Villa
Thanks Meter: 548
 
1,010 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTar1

I just did what IORoot25 and the AutoRec. I'm with sprint and just got the phone. What can I do with this KK release? Can I install camera update or try out kernels? There seems to be no roms for this ZVC update.

So, I do I determine which kernel is patched to work with ZVC? since AutoRec is patched, there must be other patched Kernels out there. Just a noob right now.

KitKat just came out, developers are hard at work breaking things down so it is safe to flash. Lg did some things making it tougher and a lot of internal changes.

Kernel, only other available is furnace 2.0.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Does anyone know what to do once download mode is broken? I have progressed between the "stuck in recovery mode" problem, then the fastboot only problem, and now while getting download mode to actually show on screen instead of fastboot i have broken my download mode with fastboot-ing zvc files to the phone. Any ideas on getting this back in a programmable state? I'm on a windows 8.1 x64 machine.
19th April 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Lake Villa
Thanks Meter: 548
 
1,010 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme83

Does anyone know what to do once download mode is broken? I have progressed between the "stuck in recovery mode" problem, then the fastboot only problem, and now while getting download mode to actually show on screen instead of fastboot i have broken my download mode with fastboot-ing zvc files to the phone. Any ideas on getting this back in a programmable state? I'm on a windows 8.1 x64 machine.

Try the auto-rec for your model here on post 1,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715496

I'm on Sprint ls980, and no issues. This will fix boot, kernel, recovery, and download mode.
If you get white lines, us the fix @Cloudyfa has posted to get back. This puts you back to how it was before the program. No recovery and locked boot and stock kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secret.animal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank