Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tethering After KitKat update

Tip us?
 
zombolt
Old
#1  
zombolt's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 245
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default [Q] Tethering After KitKat update

I have heard FoxFi no longer works on 4.4.2. Is there a workaround for this?
 
Durteedee
Old
#2  
Durteedee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 213
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombolt View Post
I have heard FoxFi no longer works on 4.4.2. Is there a workaround for this?
Yes use the native app built in the phones then use a user agent spoofer in your browser, change it to Internet Explorer 8 skip that step of you use Linux

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
 
zombolt
Old
#3  
zombolt's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 245
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durteedee View Post
Yes use the native app built in the phones then use a user agent spoofer in your browser, change it to Internet Explorer 8 skip that step of you use Linux

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Can you please provide more info on how this works?
What about NON browser applications? I have a Windows 8 laptop that gets frequent updates that can be quite large.. Should I stop using Chrome and start using IE8?
 
Durteedee
Old
#4  
Durteedee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 213
Join Date: Nov 2013
No use Chrome you can use the user agent switcher in Chrome it's an extension, change it to ie8 that way you can use the browser everything else tends to just work from torrents to updates, you will have to retest the anti virus updates see if they still allow it (I haven't used windows since August)

The hotshot app. Should be in setting >wireless networks >tethering and hotspot

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
 
zombolt
Old
#5  
zombolt's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 245
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombolt View Post
Can you please provide more info on how this works?
What about NON browser applications? I have a Windows 8 laptop that gets frequent updates that can be quite large.. Should I stop using Chrome and start using IE8?
No action needs to be taken besides a user agent switch on the Web browser?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
 
thewraith420
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 172
Join Date: Sep 2011
No idea if this'll work on the kk update since it's not out yet but on stock rooted 98.30.1.XT907 there's this hack

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33006276

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more