Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] File Recovery On Device (No Root/ADB)

OP suitifiable

19th April 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
More
So I think I just got burned by the KitKat SD issue...And worst part is I knew about it, just totally spaced on it.

Got a T-Mobile Note 3, it's stock with no root...Mostly because I plan on trading it back in next month and don't want anything like a tripped Knox preventing that.

Anywho, got a new 32GB SD and stuck that in and fired up my file manager (Lidroid File) and went to move all my comics (15GB of CBR/CBZ) to it since it's filling up my main storage. And so I could just remove the card when I swap it out.

But after using the copy/paste functions the dir with all that is just gone...The operation completed in about a second so I knew something was up, and that's when the KitKat thing finally popped into my head.

Now I've done some research...I know about the way you can suck the internal SD over ADB to a VHD and then mount that and scan...But that requires Root, plus the right software. I'm traveling for business so don't really have that second part handled either (Locked down corp laptop only).

So my question is...Are there any reliable/respectable file recovery programs that work with my parameters? I was hoping there was an app that I could find that would just allow me to undelete the folder or something...I haven't done anything to the device since this happened, or at least nothing major (It's on and I've responded to a few emails, etc) so I hope there is still a chance?

Not looking to spend any major money, worst comes to worst I just re-download them all but makes my trip less entertaining Thanx in advance!!!
19th April 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #2  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitifiable

So I think I just got burned by the KitKat SD issue...And worst part is I knew about it, just totally spaced on it.

Got a T-Mobile Note 3, it's stock with no root...Mostly because I plan on trading it back in next month and don't want anything like a tripped Knox preventing that.

Anywho, got a new 32GB SD and stuck that in and fired up my file manager (Lidroid File) and went to move all my comics (15GB of CBR/CBZ) to it since it's filling up my main storage. And so I could just remove the card when I swap it out.

But after using the copy/paste functions the dir with all that is just gone...The operation completed in about a second so I knew something was up, and that's when the KitKat thing finally popped into my head.

Now I've done some research...I know about the way you can suck the internal SD over ADB to a VHD and then mount that and scan...But that requires Root, plus the right software. I'm traveling for business so don't really have that second part handled either (Locked down corp laptop only).

So my question is...Are there any reliable/respectable file recovery programs that work with my parameters? I was hoping there was an app that I could find that would just allow me to undelete the folder or something...I haven't done anything to the device since this happened, or at least nothing major (It's on and I've responded to a few emails, etc) so I hope there is still a chance?

Not looking to spend any major money, worst comes to worst I just re-download them all but makes my trip less entertaining Thanx in advance!!!

NVM
Last edited by LS.xD; 19th April 2014 at 06:33 PM.
19th April 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

You can flash the stock firmware via Odin.

Yeah...That has no bearing on my question. But thanx!
19th April 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #4  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitifiable

Yeah...That has no bearing on my question. But thanx!

Sry for the dumb answer. I suppose you will need root // adb at least.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread