Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to get root for Omnirom when no recovery mode is available?

Tip us?

tobias.s
Old
(Last edited by tobias.s; 17th April 2014 at 01:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] How to get root for Omnirom when no recovery mode is available?

Hi there,

I am searching for hours for a solution to my Problem and could not find the trick. Hopefully someone can help me here...
I am trying to get root on my Car Navi which uses Omnirom (4.4.2) issued by its manufacturer. I've read that one simply should flash supersu.zip in recovery mode. The problem is that there is no documentation on how to enter the recovery mode on the device. When flashing new firmware/android, one simply insert a sd card with the new firmware and the flashing process starts automatically on reboot.

Is there another way to get root access for Omnirom kitkat? I've tried Framaroot without luck.

Thanks for any help.
Greets.

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias.s View Post
Hi there,

I am searching for hours for a solution to my Problem and could not find the trick. Hopefully someone can help me here...
I am trying to get root on my Car Navi which uses Omnirom (4.4.2) issued by its manufacturer. I've read that one simply should flash supersu.zip in recovery mode. The problem is that there is no documentation on how to enter the recovery mode on the device. When flashing new firmware/android, one simply insert a sd card with the new firmware and the flashing process starts automatically on reboot.

Is there another way to get root access for Omnirom kitkat? I've tried Framaroot without luck.

Thanks for any help.
Greets.
Um, Omni does not currently ship preinstalled on any device, and as a result, it's impossible to be running Omni without access to a custom recovery, since you need a custom recovery to install Omni in the first place.

Whatever your navigation system is running, it is NOT Omni, and as a result, this is not the correct place to be posting about issues with your device.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

tobias.s
Old
(Last edited by tobias.s; 17th April 2014 at 10:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I just went to omnirom.org and there was a link to this forum.

This is a little bit weird: Omni was not preinstalled but the update(Omni) came directly from the manurfacturer (sntron.com).
In my case no recovery mode is accessible. As I've written in the 1st post, I copied the update on a sd-card and booted from it so that the updated installs automatically.

Attached is a picture of what is installed.
Thanks for any info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omni1.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	2692288   Click image for larger version

Name:	omni2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	2692289  

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24115

DONATE TO ME
wtf...

This is weird. That would make this device an unofficial kang that not a single member of the Omni team was aware of until now...
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

maxwen
Old
Thanks Meter 4464

DONATE TO ME
LOOL

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk
Tags
ominrom, recovery, root