Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to get root for Omnirom when no recovery mode is available?

OP tobias.s

17th April 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Hi there,

I am searching for hours for a solution to my Problem and could not find the trick. Hopefully someone can help me here...
I am trying to get root on my Car Navi which uses Omnirom (4.4.2) issued by its manufacturer. I've read that one simply should flash supersu.zip in recovery mode. The problem is that there is no documentation on how to enter the recovery mode on the device. When flashing new firmware/android, one simply insert a sd card with the new firmware and the flashing process starts automatically on reboot.

Is there another way to get root access for Omnirom kitkat? I've tried Framaroot without luck.

Thanks for any help.
Greets.
Last edited by tobias.s; 17th April 2014 at 02:09 AM.
17th April 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,802

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias.s

Hi there,

I am searching for hours for a solution to my Problem and could not find the trick. Hopefully someone can help me here...
I am trying to get root on my Car Navi which uses Omnirom (4.4.2) issued by its manufacturer. I've read that one simply should flash supersu.zip in recovery mode. The problem is that there is no documentation on how to enter the recovery mode on the device. When flashing new firmware/android, one simply insert a sd card with the new firmware and the flashing process starts automatically on reboot.

Is there another way to get root access for Omnirom kitkat? I've tried Framaroot without luck.

Thanks for any help.
Greets.

Um, Omni does not currently ship preinstalled on any device, and as a result, it's impossible to be running Omni without access to a custom recovery, since you need a custom recovery to install Omni in the first place.

Whatever your navigation system is running, it is NOT Omni, and as a result, this is not the correct place to be posting about issues with your device.
17th April 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I just went to omnirom.org and there was a link to this forum.

This is a little bit weird: Omni was not preinstalled but the update(Omni) came directly from the manurfacturer (sntron.com).
In my case no recovery mode is accessible. As I've written in the 1st post, I copied the update on a sd-card and booted from it so that the updated installs automatically.

Attached is a picture of what is installed.
Thanks for any info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omni1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	2692288   Click image for larger version

Name:	omni2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	2692289  
Last edited by tobias.s; 17th April 2014 at 11:15 PM.
17th April 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #4  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,802

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
wtf...

This is weird. That would make this device an unofficial kang that not a single member of the Omni team was aware of until now...
19th April 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4,748

4,540 posts
Donate to Me
LOOL

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ominrom, recovery, root
Previous Thread Next Thread