Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kit Kat (Stock) Data issues

Tip us?

Hiya Buddy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Exclamation Kit Kat (Stock) Data issues

My phone seems to do this all too often on a daily basis. I check that I have no received emails, tweets, facebook notifications, etc. The problem is my data uplink arrow keeps flashing and it hangs there. This is usually remedied by putting my phone in Airplane mode and switching back it usually works but there have been times when I have empty bars with no data nothing, but it can be fixed by switching mobile network types from WCDA/GSM back to LTE. Anyway this can be fixed, or this actually a Kit Kat issue with the Note 3?

I'm on Stock Kit Kat Unrooted (unfortunately) because I updated before wanting to root and now I don't want to trip KNOX. I have also run a factory reset on my phone (through the bootloader) but it didn't fix the problem.

Is anybody else having this trouble with their Note 3?

dragonsamus
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I have this issue too. I'm rooted on Darthstalker v6. It happens daily. I just toggle airplane mode on and off and wait ten seconds. I've reinstalled this rom twice and the issue is still there. Hopefully someone can help.
work hard, play harder

motog35
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Same issue here! Stock, unrooted. Must be a kit kat issue, I don't remember having it on jelly bean.

Anyone else with the same issue? Chime in

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

louforgiveno
Old
(Last edited by louforgiveno; 12th April 2014 at 03:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 457
Yup.....been noticing this happen too.....was hoping it was a tower issue soon to be resolved....starting to not sound that way....blah

P.S just started happening (or me noticing it) in the last 2 or so weeks
"I was looking back to see, If she was looking back to see, If I was looking back at her"

dobbs3x
Old
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
It's a known bug in android 4.4.2. The new update 4.4.3 has a frequent data connection dropout fix in the change log. Hopefully we get some leak or something for it soon. Now that the s5 is out.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dragonsamus
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I didn't notice the data drop out until I tried a KitKat rom. When I restored back to the jellybean rom I was using the data drop out continued. So I ended up wiping and flashing the same jellybean rom and still notice the data drop outs.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
work hard, play harder

satru
Old
(Last edited by satru; 20th April 2014 at 05:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
I have the same issue from the last 4.4.2 update, when the phone is in standby for long time the data connection drop out, or time in time the phone scan the network and some time back to normal after some second or keep scanning and need reboot. when I check the network mode I found all option unselected, I select lte mode and the phone do not respond and have to reboot. I reinstalled 4.4.2 with kie and Odin but same issue . Samsung representative told me that the issue is from T-Mobile , that the phone is ok, and T-Mobile told me that the issue coming with the update from Samsung and affected to note 3 and s4. Who has the fault? my temporal free solution until the next update was replace the sim card in the T-Mobile store. I did yesterday and until now the phone have been ok with the data connection up all time. when it scan the network back to normal with not data drop out.
Last thing, go to wifi - advance option and I put disable (keep wifi on during sleep) and (always allow scanning) maybe these can avoid the scan the network time to time.
SGN2
Master Copy