stuck in 1.12.605.11

Search This thread

must.sayim

Mar 6, 2013
sanaa
People I am stuck in this firmware since i got the phone.. I heard the others have had 2 updates the 1.54 and the 1.55..

Really need help

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
You should really let us know more about your situation. That post does next to nothing for troubleshooting. We need to know mods, changes, what you've done, etc. Also what you've tried. Tell us everything.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

must.sayim

Mar 6, 2013
sanaa
You should really let us know more about your situation. That post does next to nothing for troubleshooting. We need to know mods, changes, what you've done, etc. Also what you've tried. Tell us everything.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

1- I am not rooted and i bypassed the activation when I got the device since I am not living in the US.

2- I am using CDMA network here in my country.

3- whenever i look for an update it never shows anything. (No new Update nor You are running the latest version)

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
1- I am not rooted and i bypassed the activation when I got the device since I am not living in the US.

2- I am using CDMA network here in my country.

3- whenever i look for an update it never shows anything. (No new Update nor You are running the latest version)

If you are using it in another country on a different carrier you will have to download it manually and put the update in a spot where you can find and apply it from there using the stock recovery.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

must.sayim

Mar 6, 2013
sanaa
If you are using it in another country on a different carrier you will have to download it manually and put the update in a spot where you can find and apply it from there using the stock recovery.

I tried to open the stock recovery but it showed me a phone with a red alert in the screen what should i do?

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
I tried to open the stock recovery but it showed me a phone with a red alert in the screen what should i do?

Hold all 3 buttons in different ways. Lol. Hard to explain, but start mashing and holding your physical buttons. I found holding both volumes then tapping power a few times worked the quickest.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

must.sayim

Mar 6, 2013
sanaa

I tried it but the recovery is saying that the operation is invalid

Verdigo

Oct 22, 2009
Me too

I am also stuck in 1.12.605.11 on a new M8 I got less than a week ago. I am on Verizon in the US. Checking for updates does the same thing has the OP. It says its checking then stops with no further messages. I am using the Weak Sauce root with S-On. Firewater didn't work when I tried it so makes me wonder if there are other issues with my phone.

Dragbike Racer

Apr 20, 2014
I am also stuck in 1.12.605.11 on a new M8 I got less than a week ago. I am on Verizon in the US. Checking for updates does the same thing has the OP. It says its checking then stops with no further messages. I am using the Weak Sauce root with S-On. Firewater didn't work when I tried it so makes me wonder if there are other issues with my phone.

Yours is a different situation, your rooted the OP isn't. You might have better luck starting your own thread on the issue.

(MOD EDIT)

Last edited by a moderator:

Verdigo

Oct 22, 2009
Yours is a different situation, your rooted the OP isn't. You might have better luck starting your own thread on the issue.
WeakSauce is a temp root solution meaning I can turn it off and I wont be rooted anymore. I probably should've mentioned that I tried that too. I may be on a different network than the OP but a lot of other people elsewhere are having the problem so it seems to be network independent.

(MOD EDIT)

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

Moderator Emeritus / The One - ΠΣΘ
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
Flaming/Trolling

Flaming and Trolling are not allowed on XDA.

Let's try and remember to speak respectfully to one another.

Thank you,

-Neo
Forum Moderator