Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,060 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Encrypted via CM10.2, now can't decrypt

Tip us?

andronikus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Encrypted via CM10.2, now can't decrypt

Hey all,

I decided to encrypt my phone this morning (CM10.2, security->encryption). The phone does its thing, asks me for my PIN, and then goes and completes the encryption.

When it starts up again it says "type password to decrypt storage"? I put in my pin but it doesnt recognize it! I tried to use CWM to wipe dalvik/factory reset/etc. but nothing fixed it.

I then followed the instructions for tSilenzio and did a factory reset. The reset worked, but it STILL ASKS ME FOR THE DAMN PASSWORD WHEN IT STARTS. To make it worse, now I can't get back into CWM.

I never had a password set, only a pin. How can I fix this? I cant get into the phone anymore.

Andronikus

krishnanmailbox1
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by andronikus View Post
Hey all,

I decided to encrypt my phone this morning (CM10.2, security->encryption). The phone does its thing, asks me for my PIN, and then goes and completes the encryption.

When it starts up again it says "type password to decrypt storage"? I put in my pin but it doesnt recognize it! I tried to use CWM to wipe dalvik/factory reset/etc. but nothing fixed it.

I then followed the instructions for tSilenzio and did a factory reset. The reset worked, but it STILL ASKS ME FOR THE DAMN PASSWORD WHEN IT STARTS. To make it worse, now I can't get back into CWM.

I never had a password set, only a pin. How can I fix this? I cant get into the phone anymore.

Andronikus
just try password continuosly.. and see if it erases every thing.. or sideload other roms and flash them.. :P

jimbo77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andronikus View Post
Hey all,

Andronikus
If I were you i will give up on everything that's on my internal storage and install stock LG 4.1.2 through LGPNST. This deletes everything so probably that can help to get your phone back.
If want to support my work just click HERE

Current Model: LG Optimus G - [ROM] PAC - 4.4.2 [KERNEL] Matrix Linaro Kernel!

Creator of:

andronikus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo77 View Post
If I were you i will give up on everything that's on my internal storage and install stock LG 4.1.2 through LGPNST. This deletes everything so probably that can help to get your phone back.
I did this via tSilenzio's guide (pastebin.com/ksfdhjGz). I flashed LGE970ATT-V20j-Stock.bin and lgnpst_ls970.dll using LGNPST. When it finished flashing at 67% it loaded with the ATT logo but it still says "type password to decrypt storage" when it boots up.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

andronikus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, I managed to fix it.

After flashing back to stock I pressed power+volume-down and did a hard reset. Booted right up.

Thanks.