Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to keep ATT/HTC apps from re-installing after installing GPe custom ROM

Tip us?

cmhinnen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to keep ATT/HTC apps from re-installing after installing GPe custom ROM

I just unlocked and rooted my device to install a Google Play Edition ROM. The ROM installed fine and it is great, but after the ROM was installed and booting the phone, the Google Play Store re-installs all of the HTC/ATT applications when re-installing all the applications I had installed on the phone. Is there a way to prevent this? This was the main reason I went to a GPe ROM so I wouldn't have all the bloatware from ATT/HTC. Is this possible or do I have to just go through and uninstall them all? I did a factory reset in TWRP before installing the ROM.

TheEmpyre
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhinnen View Post
I just unlocked and rooted my device to install a Google Play Edition ROM. The ROM installed fine and it is great, but after the ROM was installed and booting the phone, the Google Play Store re-installs all of the HTC/ATT applications when re-installing all the applications I had installed on the phone. Is there a way to prevent this? This was the main reason I went to a GPe ROM so I wouldn't have all the bloatware from ATT/HTC. Is this possible or do I have to just go through and uninstall them all? I did a factory reset in TWRP before installing the ROM.
Did you use the "restore account" function when you were setting up your phone? Or whatever the restore function is. Perhaps Un-check that box, so you can decide in the play store which to install.
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

Current: HTC One M8

rquinn19
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Yeah, if you like changing roms all the time it's annoying, but uncheck the back/restore apps and settings option when you sign into your Google account

xxhorseriderxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rquinn19 View Post
Yeah, if you like changing roms all the time it's annoying, but uncheck the back/restore apps and settings option when you sign into your Google account
Whenever you switch from a GPe ROM to a stock ROM it'll happen if you back up your apps and restore upon setup. I find it's easier to allow the google restore to take place; go into your accounts apps in the Play Store and click the x on each app you don't want backed up anymore (it'll ask if you want to remove it from your account, say yes). The next time you restore a GPe ROM (as an update, or a clean install for whatever reason) you won't get the extra apps installed by default. The next time you switch to a stock ROM, they won't autodownload, but you'll have to remove them from your account after setting up the stock ROM.

If you use a stock ROM that doesn't have the bloatware, this isn't even an issue.
i337 Loki Patched - ★MAPLE-LEAF★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxtil
Horsey picks bad charts so I never put in an effort to do well on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Community Dropbox Thread
http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24873