Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AOSP SMS on Sense

Tip us?

johnnyutah22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Default AOSP SMS on Sense

Is it possible to push the aosp mms.apk to system, fix permissions, and then delete the Sense messaging apk. I won't to replace the Sense sms with aosp, which I have from the play edition roms. This was possible on my old Galaxy S3. Anybody know?

johnnyutah22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
I can confirm this is possible. I pulled the aosp messaging apk which is named Mms.apk out of a GPE rom. The apk is located in system/priv-app/. I copied the stock messaging app and placed it on my external card as a backup. I then deleted the stock messaging app which is found in system/priv-app. I ut the aosp in that directory and changed permissions to Owner - R/W, Group - R, Others - R, and then installed it.

xxhorseriderxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah22 View Post
I can confirm this is possible. I pulled the aosp messaging apk which is named Mms.apk out of a GPE rom. The apk is located in system/priv-app/. I copied the stock messaging app and placed it on my external card as a backup. I then deleted the stock messaging app which is found in system/priv-app. I ut the aosp in that directory and changed permissions to Owner - R/W, Group - R, Others - R, and then installed it.
Kitkat has a built in feature to allow you to set a default messaging app just like you can set a default launcher. You can just install the AOSP messaging app and set it as default.
i337 Loki Patched - ★MAPLE-LEAF★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxtil
Horsey picks bad charts so I never put in an effort to do well on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Community Dropbox Thread
http://r21freak.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24873
The Following User Says Thank You to xxhorseriderxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]