Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2 for Verizon update now.

Tip us?

Dri94
Old
(Last edited by Dri94; 12th January 2014 at 07:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 559

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnafu View Post
I'm stuck in a TWRP recovery loop. I am rooted and accidentally accepted the OTA update. I can successfully push roms and other files to my G2 but cannot successfully install a rom. I've tried installing the OTA stock roms (11A and 12B) with no luck. Each time I reboot after installing a rom I'm back in TWRP recovery. I've updated TWRP to 2.6.3.3 but that hasn't seemed to help at all. Any help would be appreciated before I do a factory reset and lose all my data.
Don't try and flash stock. Try malludis to see if it flashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabe11um View Post
Hi,
I just got my new LG G2. I installed the drivers and set my phone to accept unknown sources as well as allow debugging. When I try the root, it sits on looking for device. It tells me to check device manager. I do and my phone is listed in the devices... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Parabe11um

In usb connection set it do ethernet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebro7 View Post
hello fellow LG G2 ers!!
like you all i have noticed the ota getting pushed out on my lgg2 today (day 1 of my new phone) from what i am gathering i should be safe to root then ota update as long as im on a stock rom with no custom recovery. which i am. but is it possible to root the device after the update?? other random question for the newb sorry but on my old razr maxx HD there was a bootloader that needed to be unlocked. si there a security check of some sort that is impossible to relock on this phone? thanks in advance!
Edit: not sure if root is possible. Try
Searching

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Dri94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Parabe11um
Old
(Last edited by Parabe11um; 12th January 2014 at 07:20 AM.) Reason: Updated information
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri94 View Post
Don't try and flash stock. Try malludis to see if it flashes

In usb connection set it do ethernet.

You can root after ota. Just follow the root guide.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

It's still not working it sits in looking for device.

Ah okay. I am rooted now. Just a note for other people. If the root.bat fails to root your phone due to a human mistake.. like not setting the connection right.. you will need to restart your computer or the root.bat will keep getting stuck.

luckysnafu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I solved my issue by following the instructions below from another forum. I followed method 1 because I can use ADB to communicate with my phone. I hope this helps someone else with the same issue. After the fix my phone booted right up into the last rom I installed.

Here’s the easy fix:
Method 1: Using ADB access, plug in your phone and run this:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
Now you should be able to successfully reboot your phone via the TWRP menu option, or via a simple reboot command in adb.
Method 2: Using TWRP’s "terminal command" option to run this:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
You’ll have to type that whole thing out, and be very careful with spaces and punctuation. One wrong letter and you could nuke your LG G2.

crashN2u
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnafu View Post
I'm stuck in a TWRP recovery loop. I am rooted and accidentally accepted the OTA update. I can successfully push roms and other files to my G2 but cannot successfully install a rom. I've tried installing the OTA stock roms (11A and 12B) with no luck. Each time I reboot after installing a rom I'm back in TWRP recovery. I've updated TWRP to 2.6.3.3 but that hasn't seemed to help at all. Any help would be appreciated before I do a factory reset and lose all my data.
This just happened to me the other day. When i get in front of a computer, I'll post the link with code to recover it.

ghodzilla5150
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I am having an issue. I downloaded and installed the Rooted Stock OTA that's in this thread and in Verizon Dev Section. I also installed the modem. My phone days is on 12B but I keep getting the message to Update from Verizon. How do I turn off or get rid of the Verizon message. Thx

cainer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was a bit hesitant to allow the update to run and had it froze using Titanium. I'm running a rooted stock handset.

I took the plunge as I have a very well documented process for restoring the stock firmware as I don't use custom recovery so I figured give it a whirl.

Took about 10 minutes total time between the download, install and completion. Now I'm no rocket scientist but my SuperSU still works along with Greenify and Titanium backup. The handset still says "rooted". Perhaps I'm missing something??

Just thought I'd pass along my experience with the 12B install.

Stark_Lannister
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hoping someone can send me the vs98012b mobilehotspot. Apk.. Need it to take kitkat ota, thanks