Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Root] Asus The New Padfone Infinity a86 - Working Root

Tip us?

Xanthales
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Tutorial [Root] Asus The New Padfone Infinity a86 - Working Root

Hallo Members of xda!

As you see, this is my first post. I just wanted to tell you, that I have found a working Method to get Root on fot the Asus The New Padfone Infinity a86 (with Stock Android 4.2.2)

Because this is my first Account on xda, I was not able to post directly in the thread, where the Root was explained and developed. So I opened a new post in this forum.

First: Big thanks to k1mu, who developed a working Root for many Android 4.3 devices an devices below Android 4.3. Even the New Padfone Infinity was successfully rooted with his method.

His "Saferoot" can be found here, in his original Thread.

I'm interessted, if I could help all the Padfone users, searching for a working root method, because the Kingoapp was not an alternative for me, especially with rumors about the app sending the phones IMEI to chinese servers.

So give the "Saferoot" a try. It would make me happy, to see posts of you here, in case the root worked for you, or not!

Kind regards,

Xanthales
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xanthales For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sebsabes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey !

Just a big thanks for this info. It worked great for me and only 5 mins. All the USB drivers are already on the phone so nothing to download except the root itself.

Thanks a lot !

Forgetful_me
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [Root] Asus The New Padfone Infinity a86 - Working Root

Thanks guys,
Tried it successfully on my Asus Padfone Infinity A86.

If it doesn't take for a couple of times, don't be discouraged.

It took me ~ 10 attempts until it recognized my device, transferred the files, and did the install.

I verified BT, WiFi, GPS working all OK!!

-Still, I have a problem uninstalling the original 'Hemi' apps family, Parental lock, Kindle Store and Chrome (I use Dolphin), which came originally with the OS. For now I just disabled them.

Smundo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you,

I can confirm, that worked for me as well.

Padfone A86, Android 4.2.2.

ashouri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy problem

hi i am having some problems can sombody please help me add me on skype mashouri2000 cuz i dont log here often PLease