OP dpwhitty11

13th April 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston/Waco
Thanks Meter: 222

1,633 posts
Donate to Me
More
A couple things to point out to everyone before they start to use their phone in the shower, in the pool, in the rain, etc.

When your phone encounters a whole lot of water, or just a little bit in the right places, the following can occur:
1) loudspeaker/earspeaker volume gets cut drastically, but will get loud once again around 30 minutes later.
2) people say they can't hear you well or sound muffled over the phone, just blow into the microphone holes.
3) headphone connection thing popping up, just blow into the headphone jack.
4) water can still breach the inside of the back cover, but will never breach the rubber seal. Always make sure to dry off excess water.

There may be more on this list, but this is all that I have encountered or know can happen. Feel free to post other things you have experienced and I can add them to the list for people to easily see. We don't want people getting their phones wet and thinking it broke just because a speaker cut its volume to protect itself.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dpwhitty11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,863

4,564 posts
Donate to Me
More
Great post please keep it updated OP if you find out more info.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 80

301 posts
I can confirm all of that, just a tiny drop off water blocks the speaker but the volume comes right back, the headphone jack issue is a BIG ONE though, that took hours to fix, blowing in the jack and hairdryer did nothing, the big part where this is an issue is that When it thinks that you plugged in headphones it starts playing the mp3 player which killed the battery, I paused the mp3 player but a few seconds later it disconnected the headphones the reconnected them, also I don't know what would happen if you got a phone call
19th April 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

154 posts
More
I never use the jack, so I wouldn't mind sticking a rubber stopper in there to keep it waterproof. That's the kind of thing I wish Samsung would have bundled with the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread