Thanks Meter 519
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southeastern Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by csalzman001
I apologize if I am on the incorrect area to post this.
I have a fully permanently rooted Verizon HTC ONE M8 and I have twrp recovery installed.
Now I am being prompted to do an update which appeared today. My questions are as follows:
1. Will I lose root?
2. If I do an update is it possible the procedures to re-root like I did may not work?
3. Will I lose the firewater s-off? Will it work again?
4. and lastly how do I prevent this phone for prompting for OTA updates.
Thank you all for all the answers, and in advance if I am posting in the incorrect area.
There are now a number of threads about this now, but here's the short version:
2. Yes; Weaksauce still works, as does Firewater.
3. No; at least so far, once you are S-OFF you continue to be S-OFF. (There's one thread that indicates jcase was already aware of the pending update, which is dated close to release day for the handset anyway).
4. Go into \cache\fumo and rename otapkg.zip otapkg.zip.bak.
And, I've read elsewhere here that there should be flashable zips for the important stuff within 24 hours. You don't think the devs would let something like this slip, do you?
Verizon Wireless HTC One M8 - Rooted/S-Off
Asus Transformer TF300T - Rooted/unlocked
10.6.1.27.5 firmware; TWRP; CROMI-X
Nexus 7 FHD (2013) - Rooted/locked
- KitKat KTU84L (v4.4.3)
Chromecast - Rooted
: FlashCast; Eureka ROM
HTC Rezound; Nexus 7 (2012); HTC Droid Incredible; Arnova 10 G2