App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Why doesn't Google buy a cell phone company?

18th April 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

416 posts
Ex. Verizon, AT&T...

only thing I can possibly think of is for some reason they'd get into legal trouble because they create the os that most phones in the US run on.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Oh and sorry if this isn't the place. I couldn't find a more fitting forum.
18th April 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag california
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNetwork

Ex. Verizon, AT&T...

only thing I can possibly think of is for some reason they'd get into legal trouble because they create the os that most phones in the US run on.

currently they have deal with so many mobile phone companies ........ so that they can reach larch users.
18th April 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNetwork

Ex. Verizon, AT&T...

i think it would fall into the place of what happened when goggle bought Motorola, Everyone (Samsung HTC etc..) thought since they were bought by Google that they were the "Favorite" and Samsung started to make android less android, (good example would be the Samsung galaxy notePRO 12.1) in response Google knew they screwed up and sold Motorola to Lenovo. i think this sorta thing would happen and instead of manufacturing android phones, others would try to get like Bada OS and Firefox OS phones.
19th April 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag Legazpi
Thanks Meter: 14

68 posts
Personally, I think Google did not screw up when it bought Motorola. What they are really after is Motorola's "Project Ara," that involves the development of Modular Smartphones, which is seen by many as the future of smartphones. All other assets of Motorola did not interest Google and they sold it to Lenovo, but retained only Project Ara.
19th April 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by av2588

Personally, I think Google did not screw up when it bought Motorola. What they are really after is Motorola's "Project Ara," that involves the development of Modular Smartphones, which is seen by many as the future of smartphones. All other assets of Motorola did not interest Google and they sold it to Lenovo, but retained only Project Ara.

I don't think they screwed up either, I think they screwed up with selling Motorola though. Honestly Motorola phones where pretty ugly and Google changed them quite a bit. The moto g was heir most successful/most sold phone they have ever had I wish they could have played around with them some more before selling them to lenovo Motorola was having a bad time and Google just gave them a boost I guess, So nice of them.
19th April 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

416 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av2588

Oh right modular smartphones... The millisecond those are available I'm dumping whatever phone I have at the time and getting one.

19th April 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

27 posts
More
Google runs on nothing but ads folks. Everything else is just a way to funk around.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread