Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why doesn't Google buy a cell phone company?

Tip us?

TheNetwork
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Why doesn't Google buy a cell phone company?

Ex. Verizon, AT&T...

only thing I can possibly think of is for some reason they'd get into legal trouble because they create the os that most phones in the US run on.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Oh and sorry if this isn't the place. I couldn't find a more fitting forum.

startandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNetwork View Post
Ex. Verizon, AT&T...

only thing I can possibly think of is for some reason they'd get into legal trouble because they create the os that most phones in the US run on.

currently they have deal with so many mobile phone companies ........ so that they can reach larch users.

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNetwork View Post
Ex. Verizon, AT&T...

i think it would fall into the place of what happened when goggle bought Motorola, Everyone (Samsung HTC etc..) thought since they were bought by Google that they were the "Favorite" and Samsung started to make android less android, (good example would be the Samsung galaxy notePRO 12.1) in response Google knew they screwed up and sold Motorola to Lenovo. i think this sorta thing would happen and instead of manufacturing android phones, others would try to get like Bada OS and Firefox OS phones.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

av2588
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Personally, I think Google did not screw up when it bought Motorola. What they are really after is Motorola's "Project Ara," that involves the development of Modular Smartphones, which is seen by many as the future of smartphones. All other assets of Motorola did not interest Google and they sold it to Lenovo, but retained only Project Ara.

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by av2588 View Post
Personally, I think Google did not screw up when it bought Motorola. What they are really after is Motorola's "Project Ara," that involves the development of Modular Smartphones, which is seen by many as the future of smartphones. All other assets of Motorola did not interest Google and they sold it to Lenovo, but retained only Project Ara.
I don't think they screwed up either, I think they screwed up with selling Motorola though. Honestly Motorola phones where pretty ugly and Google changed them quite a bit. The moto g was heir most successful/most sold phone they have ever had I wish they could have played around with them some more before selling them to lenovo Motorola was having a bad time and Google just gave them a boost I guess, So nice of them.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

TheNetwork
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by av2588 View Post
Oh right modular smartphones... The millisecond those are available I'm dumping whatever phone I have at the time and getting one.

l@b
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Google runs on nothing but ads folks. Everything else is just a way to funk around.