5,599,190 Members 35,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Official][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S4

Tip us?
 
Mitch8892
Old
#2701  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 22
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorceshaman View Post
Did you do *228? I had the same issue as you and I ended up having a sprint PRL. They had to manually push a PRL update to my phone to fix it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I actually did. Can't remember if I did it before or after this started happening though. What should I do to have then manually push the PRL? I only have access to this phone so calling from a different device isn't possible. Maybe Verizon chat?

I'd like to avoid them seeing my rooted device if possible.
 
jorceshaman
Old
#2702  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 397
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch8892 View Post
I actually did. Can't remember if I did it before or after this started happening though. What should I do to have then manually push the PRL? I only have access to this phone so calling from a different device isn't possible. Maybe Verizon chat?

I'd like to avoid them seeing my rooted device if possible.
Just call and get tech support. Tell them you did *228 and now have a bad PRL and ask them to push through the correct one. They'll have you power down completely and restart the device. As long as you're in a 4G area it should grab the new one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

If you're not on 15287, it's the wrong one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jorceshaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mitch8892
Old
#2703  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 22
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorceshaman View Post
Just call and get tech support. Tell them you did *228 and now have a bad PRL and ask them to push through the correct one. They'll have you power down completely and restart the device. As long as you're in a 4G area it should grab the new one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

If you're not on 15287, it's the wrong one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Just finished chatting with tech support. LTE is working again after the PRL update was pushed. Huge thanks to you.

My PRL version is different than yours, however. Mine reads 53435.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitch8892 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jorceshaman
Old
#2704  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 397
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch8892 View Post
Just finished chatting with tech support. LTE is working again after the PRL update was pushed. Huge thanks to you.

My PRL version is different than yours, however. Mine reads 53435.
Glad it worked for you! I guess it doesn't matter if it's different as long as it's working.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jorceshaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
papstar
Old
#2705  
papstar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 285
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MA
Now getting random reboots when updating apps from the play store. Anyone else?
 
jkc120
Old
#2706  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 348
Join Date: Sep 2010
So why is the WiFi still crap? I've been staying on LTE 100% of the time since at home I can get 2x the speed on LTE than WiFi, despite having 50 Mbps cable. I get 17-18 Mbps (either with 2.4 or 5 GHz 802.11n) tops, whereas I can pull 30-40 on LTE here. Why is the wifi so slow??

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

And I'm 10 feet from the router and stock TW and my wife's iPhone easily pull 50 on speed tests.
 
Nath5
Old
#2707  
Nath5's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 31
Join Date: Dec 2010
Anyone having problem sending SMS messages in the latest nightly? Tried sending from stock SMS and hangouts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes