[Q] Porting ROM

OP deon7388

17th April 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
More
Hi guys, I've read through other threads but I believe my case is very different and felt I should ask. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Wifi and I really want to put Kit Kat (4.4.2) on the device but after days of searching, it seems like there has not been a roll out for it yet, even for just the Wifi version. So (please tell me if I'm wrong), I thought maybe I could take a Kit Kat ROM (even stock) from another device such as the Galaxy Note 10.1 and port it to this device. I'm a developer but not for Android. Is this possible?

Or maybe can you point me to some beta version of Kit Kat for this device? Is there any way to get it?
Last edited by deon7388; 17th April 2014 at 11:38 PM.
18th April 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag clearwater
Thanks Meter: 43

224 posts
More
I'm not a dev, but porting cm I think is not possible, I wanna say it has to be built from source.

And flashing a ROM for a different device will only leave you with a brick

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
18th April 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag Oceanside, Ca
Thanks Meter: 32

186 posts
More
You can try anything you want. Who knows, you might even be the creator of a new operating system. But then again, you might eventually take your brick to the recycle center. One will not know until one tries.

However, why not just wait for Kit Kat and let the "professional" developers at Samsung do the work for the P5210. I am sure it is not that far behind the others.
19th April 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 21

124 posts
More
galaxy tab 3 10.1 should get kk4.4.2 soon, I think.
just be patient.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kit kat, porting android
Previous Thread Next Thread