Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 42,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N7100 Red light. SDS?

Tip us?

rayner123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Exclamation N7100 Red light. SDS?

Hi all,

I bought a SG Note 2 from eBay. When I got it I saw a solid red light flashing I then took the battery out and plugged it back in. When I saw that the solid red flash light turn back on without me pressing the power button I was quite worried so I immediately googled the problem, to my horror the result weren't what I was expecting....I'm doubting this to be a dead eMMC issue? The only problem is that the LCD is cracked so I cannot see what's displayed on the screen...Could someone please help me resolve this problem.
Hit that Thanks button if you think I've helped you!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Driver = ~~\Samsung Galaxy S3/~~
Retired = ~\Nexus S/~

mannyvinny
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4153

DONATE TO ME
Red light doesn't lit up on powering on. It lits up while charging. If your phone's screen is black with red light, then it's a SDS case. If its in warranty, immediately go to service center and get it fixed. Or else you need to pay for motherboard replacement.

rayner123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyvinny View Post
Red light doesn't lit up on powering on. It lits up while charging. If your phone's screen is black with red light, then it's a SDS case. If its in warranty, immediately go to service center and get it fixed. Or else you need to pay for motherboard replacement.
Thanks for your reply, Do you think changing the eMMC flash and then try resurrecting the phone with the GPG sboot cable will work?
Hit that Thanks button if you think I've helped you!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Driver = ~~\Samsung Galaxy S3/~~
Retired = ~\Nexus S/~