Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,354 Members 43,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just bought phone of craigslist

Tip us?

kickenwing13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Just bought phone of craigslist

Hey guys I just got this G2 today for 240 off craigslist. I currently have a note 3 as a daily driver and wanted to experiment with this thing. I'm really into rooting and the note 3 development is slow at best. So i have the phone and i started poking around and learn that i'm already rooted .. There is a custom recovery installed i think it said phils somethign recovery.... it's rooted and all that.. i dont know what to do. .I made a back up... do I need to do anything else? Is the bootloader installed? I'm lost. But i'm really excited to get an AOKP rom or something .. Where do I go from here?

GalaxyWhy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickenwing13 View Post
Hey guys I just got this G2 today for 240 off craigslist. I currently have a note 3 as a daily driver and wanted to experiment with this thing. I'm really into rooting and the note 3 development is slow at best. So i have the phone and i started poking around and learn that i'm already rooted .. There is a custom recovery installed i think it said phils somethign recovery.... it's rooted and all that.. i dont know what to do. .I made a back up... do I need to do anything else? Is the bootloader installed? I'm lost. But i'm really excited to get an AOKP rom or something .. Where do I go from here?
Probably Philz Touch 6? What is it running stock? Kitkat or JellyBean?

I had the exact same thing as you (bought it off a similar website) and mine had JellyBean,
so I flashed a stock Kitkat Rom onto it but kept the root. Loving it so far

kickenwing13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Well Well have Pacman installed. Have been having issues. Not Not sure why. Is there anything more stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy View Post
Probably Philz Touch 6? What is it running stock? Kitkat or JellyBean?

I had the exact same thing as you (bought it off a similar website) and mine had JellyBean,
so I flashed a stock Kitkat Rom onto it but kept the root. Loving it so far

jrgilbert79
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickenwing13 View Post
Well Well have Pacman installed. Have been having issues. Not Not sure why. Is there anything more stable.
Yes stock KK is the most stable Rom I've ever used. No offense to aosp. They just don't offer anything but boring options, fc's, and sods

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kickenwing13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgilbert79 View Post
Yes stock KK is the most stable Rom I've ever used. No offense to aosp. They just don't offer anything but boring options, fc's, and sods

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
well now i simply need to figure out fastest way to get to stock KK from pacman... my backup was corrupted. .. . any thoughts?