Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Could someone try this?

OP Whoareyou

13th April 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 292

1,638 posts
More
Ok, I want to get an M8 but I love the built in beats equalizer on the m7, if someone could test anything for me that would be awesome,

Adb pull /system/customize/ACC/default.xml

Open it in notepad++

Scroll to the bottom and change these two lines:

Original:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">false</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">true</item>

To say

Edited:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">true</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">false</item>

And tell me if you notice any difference when toggling beats in settings while playing a song.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Whoareyou; 13th April 2014 at 09:42 PM.
16th April 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag King George, VA
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoareyou

Ok, I want to get an M8 but I love the built in beats equalizer on the m7, if someone could test anything for me that would be awesome,

Adb pull /system/customize/ACC/default.xml

Open it in notepad++

Scroll to the bottom and change these two lines:

Original:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">false</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">true</item>

To say

Edited:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">true</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">false</item>

And tell me if you notice any difference when toggling beats in settings while playing a song.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I changed mine to true for both... let's you toggle between the two on the fly... it adds the option to enable beats in the settings menu... so it's there and works wonderfully....

As far as a difference between the two... i noticed no difference while playing through the phone speakers, but when plugged into headphones/aux jack there is a slight variation... still weighing which I prefer personally...
16th April 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Shaker Heights
Thanks Meter: 10

129 posts
Donate to Me
More
since i am at the office i can't try speakers but it definitely makes a difference on headphones
16th April 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #4  
Just outside of Manchester UK
Thanks Meter: 171

534 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Mushroomz

I changed mine to true for both... let's you toggle between the two on the fly... it adds the option to enable beats in the settings menu... so it's there and works wonderfully....

As far as a difference between the two... i noticed no difference while playing through the phone speakers, but when plugged into headphones/aux jack there is a slight variation... still weighing which I prefer personally...

Did it but mine has a different outcome. (This is with both set to true)

On internal speakers it won't let me toggle as it states, 'BOOMSOUND CAN'T BE TURNED OFF WHEN USING INTERNAL SPEAKERS.' It does still allow me to turn BEATS on or off at the same tme as having BOOMSOUND enabled. (Absolutely no difference in quality)

This changes when I plug headphones in as it allows me toggle on the fly as posted previously. Have to say not a lot between them but thats probably more to do with the buds I am using (HTC supplied with phone)
Last edited by grentuu; 16th April 2014 at 06:01 PM.
16th April 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 23

384 posts
great help for me.
19th April 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 292

1,638 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu

Did it but mine has a different outcome. (This is with both set to true)

On internal speakers it won't let me toggle as it states, 'BOOMSOUND CAN'T BE TURNED OFF WHEN USING INTERNAL SPEAKERS.' It does still allow me to turn BEATS on or off at the same tme as having BOOMSOUND enabled. (Absolutely no difference in quality)

This changes when I plug headphones in as it allows me toggle on the fly as posted previously. Have to say not a lot between them but thats probably more to do with the buds I am using (HTC supplied with phone)

when testing on my m7 running an m8 rom, i had tp disable boomsound by setting it to falsemin order to hear a difference with beats turned on.
20th April 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #7  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 41

129 posts
More
Just install Viper4Android. It is by far the best audio mod / equalizer I have seen on Android. It has so many advanced options to fully customize the sound to your personal preference. You will need root / busybox / kernel with write protection turned off to install the drivers though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread