Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 46,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Could someone try this?

Tip us?
 
Whoareyou
Old
(Last edited by Whoareyou; 13th April 2014 at 08:42 PM.)
#1  
Whoareyou's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Posts: 1,613
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Olathe, KS
Default Could someone try this?

Ok, I want to get an M8 but I love the built in beats equalizer on the m7, if someone could test anything for me that would be awesome,

Adb pull /system/customize/ACC/default.xml

Open it in notepad++

Scroll to the bottom and change these two lines:

Original:


<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">false</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">true</item>


To say

Edited:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">true</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">false</item>

And tell me if you notice any difference when toggling beats in settings while playing a song.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device: HTC One (M7, Silver)
ROM: ViperROM


If you don't like me or my projects, READ THIS!



^^^^^^^^^^^^CLICK THE DOCTOR FOR EPICNESS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Trust Me, I'm the Doctor" -The Doctor
 
Majik Mushroomz
Old
#2  
Majik Mushroomz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 42
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: King George, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoareyou View Post
Ok, I want to get an M8 but I love the built in beats equalizer on the m7, if someone could test anything for me that would be awesome,

Adb pull /system/customize/ACC/default.xml

Open it in notepad++

Scroll to the bottom and change these two lines:

Original:


<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">false</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">true</item>


To say

Edited:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">true</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">false</item>

And tell me if you notice any difference when toggling beats in settings while playing a song.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I changed mine to true for both... let's you toggle between the two on the fly... it adds the option to enable beats in the settings menu... so it's there and works wonderfully....

As far as a difference between the two... i noticed no difference while playing through the phone speakers, but when plugged into headphones/aux jack there is a slight variation... still weighing which I prefer personally...
 
flayzeraynx
Old
#3  
flayzeraynx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 107
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Shaker Heights

 
DONATE TO ME
since i am at the office i can't try speakers but it definitely makes a difference on headphones
 
grentuu
Old
(Last edited by grentuu; 16th April 2014 at 05:01 PM.)
#4  
grentuu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 507
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Just outside of Manchester UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Mushroomz View Post
I changed mine to true for both... let's you toggle between the two on the fly... it adds the option to enable beats in the settings menu... so it's there and works wonderfully....

As far as a difference between the two... i noticed no difference while playing through the phone speakers, but when plugged into headphones/aux jack there is a slight variation... still weighing which I prefer personally...
Did it but mine has a different outcome. (This is with both set to true)

On internal speakers it won't let me toggle as it states, 'BOOMSOUND CAN'T BE TURNED OFF WHEN USING INTERNAL SPEAKERS.' It does still allow me to turn BEATS on or off at the same tme as having BOOMSOUND enabled. (Absolutely no difference in quality)

This changes when I plug headphones in as it allows me toggle on the fly as posted previously. Have to say not a lot between them but thats probably more to do with the buds I am using (HTC supplied with phone)


I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???


IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.
 
andrewnelson
Old
#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 384
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dhaka
great help for me.
 
Whoareyou
Old
#6  
Whoareyou's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Posts: 1,613
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Olathe, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu View Post
Did it but mine has a different outcome. (This is with both set to true)

On internal speakers it won't let me toggle as it states, 'BOOMSOUND CAN'T BE TURNED OFF WHEN USING INTERNAL SPEAKERS.' It does still allow me to turn BEATS on or off at the same tme as having BOOMSOUND enabled. (Absolutely no difference in quality)

This changes when I plug headphones in as it allows me toggle on the fly as posted previously. Have to say not a lot between them but thats probably more to do with the buds I am using (HTC supplied with phone)
when testing on my m7 running an m8 rom, i had tp disable boomsound by setting it to falsemin order to hear a difference with beats turned on.
Device: HTC One (M7, Silver)
ROM: ViperROM


If you don't like me or my projects, READ THIS!



^^^^^^^^^^^^CLICK THE DOCTOR FOR EPICNESS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Trust Me, I'm the Doctor" -The Doctor
 
suprtrukr425
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 127
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Just install Viper4Android. It is by far the best audio mod / equalizer I have seen on Android. It has so many advanced options to fully customize the sound to your personal preference. You will need root / busybox / kernel with write protection turned off to install the drivers though.
AT&T HTC One (M8) - unlocked/s-off/rooted stock
Asus Transformer TF701T - unlocked/rooted stock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more