Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help accessing interactive mode in CWM

Tip us?

gomisensei
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Need help accessing interactive mode in CWM

I got stuck in a neverending boot with the CM11 OTA updater on last nights nightly. Updater works in cm, then upon reboot, seems to install the update in non-interactive mode in cwm, then upon reboot, doesn't get past boot animation.

If i try to boot into CWM/recovery, it installs again, but I can't access the interactive menus, it just installs, then reboots again, and get's stuck. ADB sees the device, but says "offline" so I can't connect and access anything thru that.

Don't wanna have to invoke odin, as that's a last-ditch fix, and not sure what i'd install anyways.

codemonkey98
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I'd assume you'd be able to use one of these devices if you have an micro SD card availibile on your phone. I think you know what to do after that and that would be to get your ROM and GApps onto there. If you cannot do that, then you'll need to use Odin in Download mode.
Devices:
~~~~

Find my post helpful? Remember to click that button!

gomisensei
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
was looking for a speedier way, but I solved it already by using odin to install TWRP, which let me adb in, kill the install process, then sideload the latest nightly, solving the problem, which was caused by the cmupdate program allowing me to install an incomplete zip file. I am curious as to if there's a cancel install type button-press in CWM for this type of problem.

codemonkey98
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomisensei View Post
was looking for a speedier way, but I solved it already by using odin to install TWRP, which let me adb in, kill the install process, then sideload the latest nightly, solving the problem, which was caused by the cmupdate program allowing me to install an incomplete zip file. I am curious as to if there's a cancel install type button-press in CWM for this type of problem.
So you're having two recoveries I presume?
Devices:
~~~~

gomisensei
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey98 View Post
So you're having two recoveries I presume?
Naw, just used twrp and it let me adb in. After I fixed the problem, i reflashed my cwm touch recovery. May play with twrp again sometime, but i've always preferred the look and functions of cwm, mostly cuz I'm used to it, also had some problems with twrp forever ago

codemonkey98
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomisensei View Post
Naw, just used twrp and it let me adb in. After I fixed the problem, i reflashed my cwm touch recovery. May play with twrp again sometime, but i've always preferred the look and functions of cwm, mostly cuz I'm used to it, also had some problems with twrp forever ago
I was going to say, having two recoveries is really bad to have.
Devices:
~~~~