ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] No 'FASTBOOT USB' HTC One Developer Edition

OP dkonkin

18th April 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I have searched for the last couple weeks with little success finding an answer.

Recently I tried to install boot.img using FASTBOOT but was unable to get FASTBOOT to go to FASTBOOT USB after connecting to MacBook Pro with USB.

To see if drivers were an issue I tried to do the same to my HTC One X (Evita) and had no problem getting FASTBOOT USB.

Both units have Android Debugging USB checked.

Both units are using CM11 ROM and latest TWRP recovery.

I had flashed, via TWRP, a Google Edition ROM but did not like it so installed my CM11 backup from TWRP

I tried a different USB cable

Am I missing something? One X does FASTBOOT USB and One does not?

Perhaps going to S-OFF but I think I need to be able to use FASTBOOT USB?!

Any ideas are very much appreciated.


Thanks

David
18th April 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105
 
458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonkin

I have searched for the last couple weeks with little success finding an answer.

Recently I tried to install boot.img using FASTBOOT but was unable to get FASTBOOT to go to FASTBOOT USB after connecting to MacBook Pro with USB.

To see if drivers were an issue I tried to do the same to my HTC One X (Evita) and had no problem getting FASTBOOT USB.

Both units have Android Debugging USB checked.

Both units are using CM11 ROM and latest TWRP recovery.

I had flashed, via TWRP, a Google Edition ROM but did not like it so installed my CM11 backup from TWRP

I tried a different USB cable

Am I missing something? One X does FASTBOOT USB and One does not?

Perhaps going to S-OFF but I think I need to be able to use FASTBOOT USB?!

Any ideas are very much appreciated.


Thanks

David

When the phone is in fastboot mode, try pressing the volume down key. For me, the volume down key gets it into Fastboot USB
18th April 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonkin

I have searched for the last couple weeks with little success finding an answer.

Recently I tried to install boot.img using FASTBOOT but was unable to get FASTBOOT to go to FASTBOOT USB after connecting to MacBook Pro with USB.

To see if drivers were an issue I tried to do the same to my HTC One X (Evita) and had no problem getting FASTBOOT USB.

Both units have Android Debugging USB checked.

Both units are using CM11 ROM and latest TWRP recovery.

I had flashed, via TWRP, a Google Edition ROM but did not like it so installed my CM11 backup from TWRP

I tried a different USB cable

Am I missing something? One X does FASTBOOT USB and One does not?

Perhaps going to S-OFF but I think I need to be able to use FASTBOOT USB?!

Any ideas are very much appreciated.


Thanks

David

I had tried that recommendation from another site with no luck! Thanks for responding.

With the little response to my query I am thinking more and more it is a hardware issue. Read something about a Kernel change but nothing definitive.

If I can get this rectified I will go to S-OFF immediately

Thanks again.


David
18th April 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #4  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,071
 
6,193 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonkin

I had tried that recommendation from another site with no luck! Thanks for responding.

With the little response to my query I am thinking more and more it is a hardware issue. Read something about a Kernel change but nothing definitive.

If I can get this rectified I will go to S-OFF immediately

Thanks again.


David

kernel shouldn't affect bootloader. maybe the phone's USB port has debris in it? try cleaning it, and also try different cables, USB ports.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I have tried the different cables. Works with Evita but not with the M7.

Cleaning the USB port is on the agenda but short of compressed air, which I was going to pick up today, I am not sure what else I can do!

Thanks

D
20th April 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
No FASTBOOT USB or ADB 'Flashing Mauve screen!'
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonkin

I have tried the different cables. Works with Evita but not with the M7.

Cleaning the USB port is on the agenda but short of compressed air, which I was going to pick up today, I am not sure what else I can do!

Thanks

D

Since my last post I tried to access device using ADB.

./adb devices did not give me the HTC One serial #. I had no problem getting serial # when I plugged in my One X.

Is there anything I am missing? I have compared the two with what is checked off in the DEVELOPER OPTIONS and both look to be the same.

Tried to connect HTC One to Mac using ANDROID FILE TRANSFER. Now I get a rapidly flashing pink/purple overlay occasionally?!?!

Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks

David
20th April 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkonkin

Since my last post I tried to access device using ADB.

./adb devices did not give me the HTC One serial #. I had no problem getting serial # when I plugged in my One X.

Is there anything I am missing? I have compared the two with what is checked off in the DEVELOPER OPTIONS and both look to be the same.

Tried to connect HTC One to Mac using ANDROID FILE TRANSFER. Now I get a rapidly flashing pink/purple overlay occasionally?!?!

Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks

David

Oh yeah, and I was not able to connect to HTC One using Android file transfer!

Am now flashing another ROM to see if that will make any difference.

I will get some compressed air tomorrow. Perhaps there is some crud in the phones USB port preventing contact?

As always, I appreciate the support from all.
David

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes