Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't Mount as R/W?

Tip us?

FreakyFreakGA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Can't Mount as R/W?

Okay I use Root Browser and on the old Nexus 7 unlocked/rooted stock firmware I could do things like copy regular apps to the /system/app folder and make them a system app. But on the newer 2013 Nexus 7 I am having no luck with anything pertaining to the /system partion

All my permissions are right and I am rooted, but any time I try and copy files over to system it always fails, when I look at the filesystem in Explorer it says the partion is mounted as R/O, i've tried a few su commands in terminal emulator but still have no success in mounting my system as R/W.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

wantabe
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyFreakGA View Post
Okay I use Root Browser and on the old Nexus 7 unlocked/rooted stock firmware I could do things like copy regular apps to the /system/app folder and make them a system app. But on the newer 2013 Nexus 7 I am having no luck with anything pertaining to the /system partion

All my permissions are right and I am rooted, but any time I try and copy files over to system it always fails, when I look at the filesystem in Explorer it says the partion is mounted as R/O, i've tried a few su commands in terminal emulator but still have no success in mounting my system as R/W.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!
I'm not familiar with Root Browser, I've only ever used Root Explorer and have never had any problems with any devices. Root Explorer is easy to change to R/W, there is a little button towards the top to toggle between R/W & R/O. Sorry I can't be of more help. If you can't get any help here with Root Browser maybe email the developer for support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-19-17-12-16.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	2696962  
"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"

AT&T HTC One X - 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ElementalX
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
Nexus 4 8GB-Moved to Better Home!
Nexus 7 16GB-Moved to Better Home!.