Rooted GS4. Confirmed root, but no files visible in ROOT folder

OP THE-COPS

17th April 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 8

277 posts
More
The folder labeled "root" , I enabled Root Explorer in File Browser. Browsed to "root" folder and still no files are visible. Says 0 bytes/files in properties. Other folders eg... \data and system I can view and modify the files. Just nothing visible in root. Is there really noting in there?

This is my first time rooting so don't scold me if I missed something here. Yes I did a quick search and nothing immediately came up directly related to this.

Android 4.3
17th April 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS

The folder labeled "root" , I enabled Root Explorer in File Browser. Browsed to "root" folder and still no files are visible. Says 0 bytes/files in properties. Other folders eg... \data and system I can view and modify the files. Just nothing visible in root. Is there really noting in there?

This is my first time rooting so don't scold me if I missed something here. Yes I did a quick search and nothing immediately came up directly related to this.

Android 4.3

What is it you're trying to do though? That folder on my phone is also empty even with " show hidden files" enabled.

Maybe confusing what's called the "root" of the SD card for an actual folder that's there labeled root?;

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
17th April 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 1,072

1,633 posts
More
My S4 isn't rooted, but like Mistertac said I've never seen anything in the "root" folder on any device. That goes back to the Samsung Epic and through the Galaxy Nexus I guess.
17th April 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 8

277 posts
More
Just trying to view files. Nothing special. Thought the phone being un-rooted was always the reason the ROOT folder showed no files, as in they were hidden. I had always thought that the ROOT folder was like the WINDOWS folder on your comp. The source of the Android OS. ?
18th April 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just trying to view files. Nothing special. Thought the phone being un-rooted was always the reason the ROOT folder showed no files, as in they were hidden. I had always thought that the ROOT folder was like the WINDOWS folder on your comp. The source of the Android OS. ?

The root of our SD cards is just the main storage area that pops up when you say view the contents of it.... Then from there are all the folders. In this case that "root" folder we were talking about earlier is just a folder, similar to the " download" folder.. Both folders are seen from the root of said SD card.

I actually don't know much about the folder you mentioned, I know it's always been empty for me. Not sure why it's there though, I'm sure someone on here would know

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,580

1,925 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Android 4.3

/root is empty for a stock ROM. There's nothing that normally stores any data there.

Edit: it's there because it's the home directory for the root user.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
files, files 0 bytes, root
Previous Thread Next Thread