No Root No Recovery

OP OsSkates1996

19th April 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tucson Arizona
Thanks Meter: 8

120 posts
More
The other day I flashed velocity ROM on my flo and it failed on twrp so I flashed clockwork mod and it did the trick but I had forgotten to flash super su so when I pressed reboot it gave me "root lost do you wanna fix sys xbin su?" And of course I clicked yes but after that it told me that the ROM wanted to flash stock recovery and I clicked no so when I booted up I tried using trickster mod and it wouldn't open because I didn't have root so I figured no biggy ill just flash the latest su zip I had and I tried rebooting into cwm but there was no recovery just an android with a red triangle so now I have no root and no recovery which isn't a huge deal but I would really like to fix this. I was thinking of using the wugfresh toolkit I used to first root my flo but I wasent sure if that would work any suggestions?
20th April 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #2  
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 172

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsSkates1996

The other day I flashed velocity ROM on my flo and it failed on twrp so I flashed clockwork mod and it did the trick but I had forgotten to flash super su so when I pressed reboot it gave me "root lost do you wanna fix sys xbin su?" And of course I clicked yes but after that it told me that the ROM wanted to flash stock recovery and I clicked no so when I booted up I tried using trickster mod and it wouldn't open because I didn't have root so I figured no biggy ill just flash the latest su zip I had and I tried rebooting into cwm but there was no recovery just an android with a red triangle so now I have no root and no recovery which isn't a huge deal but I would really like to fix this. I was thinking of using the wugfresh toolkit I used to first root my flo but I wasent sure if that would work any suggestions?

I don't have any experience using toolkits but I do hear of people using wug's quite a bit. I've only ever used adb/fastboot with the complete sdk installed but a lot of people have problems getting it setup. You can use the toolkit but I would recommend using adb/fastboot because you will get a better working knowledge of what you are actually doing. I installed ADB Installer v1.2 on my brother's laptop and it was ridiculously easy to setup. There are a ton of guides/tutorials out there. Piece of cake!

[GUIDE][30/10/2013]New To Adb And Fastboot Guide
How To: Restore Your 2013 Nexus 7 Back To Stock Using A Full Factory Image And Root It
20th April 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #3  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,072

1,676 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsSkates1996

FWIW, the Android with the red triangle is recovery, stock recovery, just flash a custom recovery again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread