Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Window and Transition animations

OP GalaHD2

19th April 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Neđe u Bosni
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
The only thing keeping me away from 4.x roms are window, status bar and transition animations.

On some roms, the transition animations are fine, but window animations bug. They dont fade. The zoom out, but dont fade. Its horriffic. I experienced that on NexusHD2 ROMs.

On others, windows animations are fine, but transitions lag horribly. Unusable.

Whats the catch? Lib? HWA? Bad blcks? Framework codes?

The only rom where everything is smooth is Evervolv (4.2.2). But it had bugs, so unusable.

On 2.x roms everything is silky smooth.
19th April 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #2  
Marvlesz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 742
 
2,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
For me, 4.0 (ICS) was smooth, really smooth and transition was fine, but about JB I used to have the same question and I thought about it a lot, but I couldn't find an answer. I tried all methods from seeders to overclocking and optimisation to no avail. I just gave up and turned off animation from developer settings. Then I found out that it's just the old age of the device when I tried different devices with android on them. I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done about them, but if you do find a way please let me know.
19th April 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #3  
lolerpro8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag uoy dellort tsuj I
Thanks Meter: 186
 
539 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
You can use xui mod xposed module, so you can chose the animations that are more suitable for you..

Sent from my Prestigio PAP5044DUO using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Neđe u Bosni
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz

For me, 4.0 (ICS) was smooth, really smooth and transition was fine, but about JB I used to have the same question and I thought about it a lot, but I couldn't find an answer. I tried all methods from seeders to overclocking and optimisation to no avail. I just gave up and turned off animation from developer settings. Then I found out that it's just the old age of the device when I tried different devices with android on them. I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done about them, but if you do find a way please let me know.


What ICS ROMs did you use?

I tried NexusHD2 i think, it had that bug too.
20th April 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #5  
Marvlesz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 742
 
2,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolerpro8

You can use xui mod xposed module, so you can chose the animations that are more suitable for you..

Sent from my Prestigio PAP5044DUO using Tapatalk

Thanks, but we are not talking about the kind of animation, we're talking about the animation fluidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaHD2

What ICS ROMs did you use?

I tried NexusHD2 i think, it had that bug too.

I used to use NexusHD2 as well, the early versions... I'm not sure if he changed things or not (I don't use my HD2 anymore) and it's been a long time. But it was definitely much better than JB in terms of transition and animation.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes