Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Battery life with wake gesture and without??

OP EVOme

16th April 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164

1,792 posts
I have my wake gesture on and goes off after 10 secs. I imagine all the times I move my arm a day that it has to be coming on over 1000 times. Has anyone done a comparison with it on and off to see if there's a difference on the battery?
19th April 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOme

I have my wake gesture on and goes off after 10 secs. I imagine all the times I move my arm a day that it has to be coming on over 1000 times. Has anyone done a comparison with it on and off to see if there's a difference on the battery?

I actually became obsessed with this on the gear1. I hated having to push the button but my battery life was so bad I really had no choice. Then after some updates it was only good about 18-20 hours with motion but a good 3-4 days without. That is probably true with this one too so I am just using it with motion (which is best for me) and not paying attention if it's better without. (Head in the sand theory) However all that being said, I'm sure it would last longer with motion off. I may have to try it since the movement of the home button does make it easier to wake the screen if motionnis off. I will say that while there are some trade offs coming from the gear 1, I am loving this watch!!!
20th April 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 54

884 posts
I wish the lowest wasn't 10 seconds. I mean, the point of the motion wake up is to see the time immediately and it doesn't take me 10 seconds to read the time. 3 seconds should be enough. If I was going to do something on my gear, then it will stay on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread