Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I Hate This Stupid Phone

Tip us?

holla420
Old
Thanks Meter 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoX860 View Post
Variant of the phone
Yea but it's all good

Sent from my Insane powered M8 using Tapatalk
Vzw HTC one M8-current device
Vzw S4-gf using it
Vzw Droid DNA-finally sold it
Vzw Galaxy nexus-sold
Droid Razr-retired
HTC Thunderbolt-buried in my backyard
LG Revolution-using as a table propper

JelloB
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I honestly feel sorry for the guys (esp vzw and art) who went with the s5. That thing is locked the eff down. If you go to those boards you read some sad /bitter/desperate/in denial posters. It's kind of funny to read some of them talk about how they don't even really care if it gets unlocked anyway because the phone is so great as is. (I mean yeah...that's why we're on xda. Because we love stock roms and bloat so much).

I really do feel bad for them though, even if most would never admit it's bothering them. I hope somebody finds an exploit soon enough.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JelloB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jpmcnown
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by JelloB View Post
I honestly feel sorry for the guys (esp vzw and art) who went with the s5. That thing is locked the eff down. If you go to those boards you read some sad /bitter/desperate/in denial posters. It's kind of funny to read some of them talk about how they don't even really care if it gets unlocked anyway because the phone is so great as is. (I mean yeah...that's why we're on xda. Because we love stock roms and bloat so much).

I really do feel bad for them though, even if most would never admit it's bothering them. I hope somebody finds an exploit soon enough.
Amen to that. I may have to move to the M8 if only to get away from the seemingly clear, Apple like cult level of denial going on over there with the VZW S5. Glad to see some here are keeping it honest with the M8 with a slight disappointment, but not really a sacrifice on the camera. I'm going back to my MDK S4, while I pray level heads prevail. I've got no problem sitting back as seeing how things play out as people think delusional happy thoughts in hopes that they will manifest into root access.
Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64, Locked down like an iPhone HTC One M8 32+64 /S-off/ Unlocked/ Rooted/ Rom'd, Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64 Again (Thanks Geohot)

BFirebird101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Why is it so hard to unlock the S5? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Sent from my Vipered M8

holla420
Old
Thanks Meter 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFirebird101 View Post
Why is it so hard to unlock the S5? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Sent from my Vipered M8
The s4 is locked down beyond MDK Loki. I figured the S5 would be more locked down than a kings daughter wearing a chasity belt. Lol one of the reason I went with this phone. I loved Samsung but if I get another Samsung it's gonna be a gpe for sure

Sent from my Insanely powered M8 using Tapatalk
Vzw HTC one M8-current device
Vzw S4-gf using it
Vzw Droid DNA-finally sold it
Vzw Galaxy nexus-sold
Droid Razr-retired
HTC Thunderbolt-buried in my backyard
LG Revolution-using as a table propper

emimob
Old
Thanks Meter 4
why?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

BFirebird101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by emimob View Post
why?

You're going to have to be more specific.

Sent from my Vipered M8
The Following User Says Thank You to BFirebird101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JelloB
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by emimob View Post
why?

One theory I've read is that Samsung wants their devices to be considered secure on the same level as RIM and iOS. This would help them compete in b2b sales, specifically to organizations which require ultimate device security (gov't contracts, gov't employees, etc).

I don't know if that's the reason for Samsung's progressively rigid stance in regards to modding their devices on certain networks, but it definitely would seem to make sense.