5,606,409 Members 33,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT] Saferoot: VZW SCH-I435 (& others), no Kingo, will NOT trip KNOX (0x0)

Tip us?

louron
Old
(Last edited by louron; 18th April 2014 at 03:35 AM.) Reason: bacd link
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sono81 View Post
Hello all,
I just got a S4 mini from verizon. I originally had an Incredible 4g LTE. As I have been looking through the various threads I have come to realize that for this particular model of S4 mini, there is no actual root method yet is there?? Im a newbie to this particular phone so any information you can provide about rooting this phone would be much appreciated.

thanks all

Sono
I rooted my sch-i435 using the method within this thread > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758, which I believe we are on, that states "Again, using this WILL NOT set the "Knox Warranty Void" flag.".

The method also mentions explicitly:
1. You can't install custom recovery and custom ROMs on a phone with a locked bootloader. This rooting program does not unlock your bootloader and won't allow you to flash custom on a locked device. However, NOTHING allows flashing a custom recovery on a bootloader locked phone at the moment. See Safestrap for a way to install some custom ROMs.

Hope this helps.

gungrave80
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by louron View Post
I rooted my sch-i435 using the method within this thread > http://forum.xda-developers.com/newr...ply&p=51772284, which I believe we are on, that states "Again, using this WILL NOT set the "Knox Warranty Void" flag.".

The method also mentions explicitly:
1. You can't install custom recovery and custom ROMs on a phone with a locked bootloader. This rooting program does not unlock your bootloader and won't allow you to flash custom on a locked device. However, NOTHING allows flashing a custom recovery on a bootloader locked phone at the moment. See Safestrap for a way to install some custom ROMs.

Hope this helps.
Sorry, I cannot open the link you pasted. Could you please fix it?
Thank you very much.

louron
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gungrave80 View Post
Sorry, I cannot open the link you pasted. Could you please fix it?
Thank you very much.
My bad...link fixed

bigbry2k3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Didn't work with any method on MK5

I have MK5 update i guess that's what it's called. But It didn't work. I get stuck on the bat file that says transfering files and just hangs there. But everything up to that point works perfectly. Just would not load files i guess. I waited 30 minutes and it still did not load files. Any other method to root?

tinko975
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Kingo isnt worl if you want to install cm. I must repear root from cmw..
Tags
no knox, root, sch-i435, without kingo