Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 51,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Absolutely disappointed with the camera

Tip us?

das7982
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrave View Post
I think one of the problems is how much this camera was hyped up to be. And then it doesn't meet up in some areas, or at least mine doesn't. Don't get me wrong, it's way better than my rezound, but the way it was talked about I was thinking it would be much much better than the results I'm personally getting.

And the whole, want a camera get a camera argument is getting old. Everyone knows and gets this. Old news. But when I ALWAYS have my PHONE with me, and I hardly ever have a dedicated CAMERA with me, well it's nice to have a great one in my phone. I have a 2 year old son, and you can't always know ahead of time when he's going to be doing something that you want to take a picture of. And personally, if I can get away with carrying just one thing instead of two that's great.

Everyone has their own opinion on cell phone cameras. Some think they need to be great, others think you shouldn't worry about it and carry an actual camera. No one needs to bash others for what they think. Like the guy you quoted, obviously, I agree that a good camera on my phone is high on my list of what I want. It may not be on yours. Like cars, some prefer fast cars and the hell with fuel economy, others prefer fuel economy and careless about speed, while others want as much of both as you can get. I want both if I can get it. 😆

And I apologize if I was mean or offensive at the beginning. It's just I've seen so many people on so many threads get bashed because "I don't like the camera, it's not up to my expectations". Like lag vs no lag between phones. Some don't care while others dont notice it, and others can't stand it. ☺

Ps.... If that pic you posted is your back porch, I'm jealous. I love those benches like that. And how are you getting such great results? I'm really hit and miss with mine.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks. Wasn't trying to be too sarcastic. Sorry about that. And yes those benches are nice. I just this house last month so I'm enjoying it. The pictures of my flowers out front and my deck in the back were taken with optimal lighting. I noticed your pics were taken on an overcast day. Experiment with different lighting scenarios and if picture quality remains poor exchange your phone

Follow Me @Bash_array

initial_k
Old
Thanks Meter 22
For all the people complaining about the picturee quality being bad...I don't see too many exaple of said "bad" pictures. I would like to see more bad pictures taken by the S5.

BTW, the cover on my S5 camera lens has a hole cut out in the middle. No affect on picture quality.

telveer
Old
Thanks Meter 4
My S5 camera seems to be fine, both indoor and outdoor!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140412_113513 (Medium).jpg
Views:	111
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	2693181   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140413_223106 (Medium).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	2693187   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140412_191027 (Medium).jpg
Views:	114
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	2693188   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140412_093848 (Medium).jpg
Views:	111
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	2693189  

dakunclear
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
I doubt you're missing anything. I've gone through every setting and tried a host of things to get better pictures out of it to no avail. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday taking the exact same shots with the S5, Note 3, and iPhone 5S. Outdoors during the day, the S5 reigned supreme, with both the Note 3 and 5S close behind. Outdoors at night, the 5S was the clear winner with the S5 and the Note 3 providing similar results (with the S5 coming out slightly ahead between the two). Indoors, the 5S came out on top again in every lighting situation, both without a flash and with a flash. The S5 was slightly better than the Note 3 indoors, but really not by much.

Given that the overall image quality between the S5 and the Note 3 isn't a huge difference, I'm leaning towards returning the S5 and just keeping the Note 3 for now.

Agreed. The 5S that I use for work is just solid all around when it comes to the camera, providing really great shots in almost all lighting conditions. The only phone I've used that's better is the Lumia 1040, but it doesn't have the speed that the 5S does. Apple really nailed the camera for the 5S.

The S5 has officially been approved as a device we can use for work, so I was hoping to replace both my Note 3 and my 5S with it and only have to carry one device for personal and business use. But so far, the camera on the S5 makes that impossible.

Yeah. I've been out of the country for work for an extended period, often in places with little to no internet service. I'm back in the States for a little bit, so I'll be popping up a little more often.
Ya that sucks I love my note 3

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
LG optimus 2X || Nexus 5
Galaxy S3 T999V || LG G2
Galaxy Note II T889V || Asus TF101
Galaxy S4 M919V || Asus TF300T
Nexus 7 (2013) || Xperia Z1
Galaxy Note 3 || Galaxy Gear 2 Neo

4 everything else theres XDA Developers

“Because every gamer is a true gamer: motion gamers, sitting gamers, everyone. And though we may pledge fanboy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king and His name is Gaming. FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!” ~ Kevin Butler

evilbeef54
Old
Thanks Meter 74
guys.... there can be different ammounts of protective plastic on these things, stop arguing about that, these are not USA made phones which means that QC is not all there, lol, i bought 2 today and one last week, each had different plastic in different areas, very normal for asain electronics

but more importantly

still pics are great i dont think most would argue that

to improve your moving pics/lowlight pics turn off "picture stabiliztion" under settings in camera, this will help it shoot faster to get beter shots of moving targets
Sprint Rooted Mogul Evo Evo3d GS3 GS4 GS5 (Sorry Sprint 13 years is enough)
VERIZON GS5

IF SOMEONE'S POST HELPS YOU PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

vanlew
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Just Clarification

Just to clarify, here's the kind with the hole in it, Having worked in manufacturing of other products I'm sure there are the other kind also that's just what happens sometimes, revisions, changes, different suppliers are part of the game.
And to the M8 S5 discussion, I was torn myself. I really like the easy syncing with outlook that HTC has. Other pluses and minuses with each phone, probably my decision was made largely because of the replaceable battery on the S5.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140419_210501[1].jpg
Views:	87
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	2697143