Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Reflash the knox bootloader maybe?

OP mezo91

1st February 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #1  
mezo91's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 91
 
943 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Im on the official 4.3 stock rom. Did the cf auto root and tripped the knox bit.
The thing is in TWRP recovery you can nandroid backup of current rom and asked me what to backup featuring bootloader modem efs etc. And can restore back what was backed up before

I was wondering if someone still in 4,1,2 bootloader with rom too can makae nandroid back for us to try to flash with the old bootloader. Maybe we can overwrite the bootloader like nothing happened?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
1st February 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #2  
Issa Eid's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
hey man, don't bother your self,i tried this one before but no result, i have been searching for 1 week to find a trick to get rid of the Knox bootloader and the avoid status in download mod but nothing help, even now my phone does not accept any rom with mj5 bootloader!
1st February 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #3  
mezo91's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 91
 
943 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
I heard that i cant do ota updates if the knox is tripped, is that true?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
16th April 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hello guys as far as I know nandroid backup does not contain bootloader, to flash a bootloader it must be done by odin I think, there is a link I will get it for you by dr keton the great on how to down grade the bootloader but I am not sure if it will work or not with triggered knox (I think it should work as what is the use then)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th April 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #5  
hellmainia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 75
 
319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91

I heard that i cant do ota updates if the knox is tripped, is that true?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

You can its only voids warranty from Samsung...
By the in service center they don't check aur complaints regarding this I got my phone repaired 4 to 5 times after tripping knox..☺

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th April 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #6  
smeet.somaiya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 567
 
1,291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91

Im on the official 4.3 stock rom. Did the cf auto root and tripped the knox bit.
The thing is in TWRP recovery you can nandroid backup of current rom and asked me what to backup featuring bootloader modem efs etc. And can restore back what was backed up before

I was wondering if someone still in 4,1,2 bootloader with rom too can makae nandroid back for us to try to flash with the old bootloader. Maybe we can overwrite the bootloader like nothing happened?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Backup boot option in the recovery generally means the kernel.
Kernels are named boot.img generally.

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91

Im on the official 4.3 stock rom. Did the cf auto root and tripped the knox bit.
The thing is in TWRP recovery you can nandroid backup of current rom and asked me what to backup featuring bootloader modem efs etc. And can restore back what was backed up before

I was wondering if someone still in 4,1,2 bootloader with rom too can makae nandroid back for us to try to flash with the old bootloader. Maybe we can overwrite the bootloader like nothing happened?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I think you can downgrade the bootloader using this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2089353

However this thread was originally made for 4.1.2 bootloaders. Not sure if it works on knox bootloader.

It uses adb so I guess it should work.

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100
19th April 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hello guys, I am on ine of the latest 4.3 bootloaders, I searched for how to downgrade the only way was by doc keton using 4.3 mj5 leaked version, but even this did not work cause my smart ass bootloader detected it as an unsupported version too, I simply went to samsung the guys there was very nice they downgraded my phone in 10 min on stock 4.1.2 rom with old bootloader it js like I just boot the phone, so y does not our developers figure this out cause knox is no e-fuse and samsung know how to downgrade it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th April 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #8  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,095
 
2,100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelsakka

Hello guys, I am on ine of the latest 4.3 bootloaders, I searched for how to downgrade the only way was by doc keton using 4.3 mj5 leaked version, but even this did not work cause my smart ass bootloader detected it as an unsupported version too, I simply went to samsung the guys there was very nice they downgraded my phone in 10 min on stock 4.1.2 rom with old bootloader it js like I just boot the phone, so y does not our developers figure this out cause knox is no e-fuse and samsung know how to downgrade it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

1. Doc keton?
2. The knox security is a multi layer security. Though perhaps it is a software instead of efuse, it won't be as easy as flip ur palms.
3. Samsung may easily boot back ur phone, coz they have the tools (either software/hardware). So, it might look easy on u / whoever have experienced the same thing like u.
4. The dev here most of them are part time d3vs who just do this for hobbies on their spare time. And there's a bounty thread for this knox. My last read is around $3.1, and unclaimed.
5. Be patient mate.


Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
20th April 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

1. Doc keton?
2. The knox security is a multi layer security. Though perhaps it is a software instead of efuse, it won't be as easy as flip ur palms.
3. Samsung may easily boot back ur phone, coz they have the tools (either software/hardware). So, it might look easy on u / whoever have experienced the same thing like u.
4. The dev here most of them are part time d3vs who just do this for hobbies on their spare time. And there's a bounty thread for this knox. My last read is around $3.1, and unclaimed.
5. Be patient mate.


Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

I meant dr ketan sorry am not rushing our great developers here they are doing enough already, I already got mine done, I also to confirm on the dear members here that it is doable and it is only software not efuse, so we should get it eventually.

Thanks for your time mate.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes