Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 46,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Know issues and general feedback

Tip us?

jayshocka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 772
Default Know issues and general feedback

I might be picking up an S4 very soon, I am looking for some overall feed back and known issues that people have encountered
If any one cares to share some experiences and links. I am not asking what other phones are good so let's keep this on topic

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Current Rom: what ever thread I am asking dumb questions in

If i have helped you please hit the thanks button... And if I linked you to someone else's thread be sure to thank them too

Sezmar
Old
Thanks Meter 36
You can't go wrong getting an S4! Very snappy phone out of the box, I myself just like to root and get rid of the bloat and it runs great! As for ROMS, I will not go there, everyone has there own opinion. Be for warned, you will most likely get the SPH-720T, TriBand phone, not much support yet, maybe someday.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sezmar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jayshocka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezmar View Post
You can't go wrong getting an S4! Very snappy phone out of the box, I myself just like to root and get rid of the bloat and it runs great! As for ROMS, I will not go there, everyone has there own opinion. Be for warned, you will most likely get the SPH-720T, TriBand phone, not much support yet, maybe someday.
When you say no triband support are there no ROMs for the triband version ? Or the ROMs that exist are not working with triband

If i have helped you please hit the thanks button... And if I linked you to someone else's thread be sure to thank them too

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2587
Roms work on a triband phone but you lose triband connectivity. So you will have LTE still but no Spark LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

optimummind
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshocka View Post
I might be picking up an S4 very soon, I am looking for some overall feed back and known issues that people have encountered
If any one cares to share some experiences and links. I am not asking what other phones are good so let's keep this on topic

Thanks!

I've had my S4 since release (preordered) and I have no complaints about the phone. Coming from a S2, it was a huge upgrade in every way. Even when compared to my Nexus 5 and Note 3, I like my S4 more, seriously.

I use Hololauncher as my launcher of choice and my phone is currently Rooted & running Xposed + several modules.

To increase enjoyability, I replaced the OEM battery with a ZeroLemon 3000mah one. Lasts longer, of course, and the battery has been quality.

Sent from my SPH-L720

jayshocka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
Roms work on a triband phone but you lose triband connectivity. So you will have LTE still but no Spark LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Oh that works for me... no spark for me yet in phoenix

jayshocka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 772
Zero lemon.... Note to self thanks

matraca
Old
Thanks Meter 52
+1 for Holo Launcher, I have bought nova and apex but I always come back to holo. Snappy, light and has just the necessary features for me. Huge improvement over stock launcher.