[UNLOCK] AT&T Bootloader Unlock Through HTC-Dev

Search This thread

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, I want to get cid 11111111 with this method on my S4 with Hboot 2.15. I read few post above that on this hboot it was no possible some time ago but now maybe it have changed? I was already trying some thigs with that so now I have cid 22222222. If I will replace 22222222 to 11111111 and file size will remain the same this should theoretically work?

This method is for a particular firmware version. What are your bootloader details? Is your CID currently 22222222?

Sent from my Evita

jjankes

Mar 18, 2014
This method is for a particular firmware version. What are your bootloader details? Is your CID currently 22222222?

Sent from my Evita

I have htc one s z520
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
hboot 2.15.0000
Radio 1.11.50.05.28
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot

I have changed my cid to 22222222 with some command in adb but this didnt make my phone S-OFF, maybe I could do the same command but with 11111111.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have htc one s z520
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
hboot 2.15.0000
Radio 1.11.50.05.28
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot

I have changed my cid to 22222222 with some command in adb but this didnt make my phone S-OFF, maybe I could do the same command but with 11111111.

Do you realise you're in the wrong forum? You're also tying to use a method that's for a particular Evita firmware version. Why do you need the CID to be 11111111? You already have SuperCID.

Sent from my Evita

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am trying to achive S-off and SuperCID so whats with the hostility?

What hostility? I was simply telling you what was what. Geez, people have thin skin sometimes. Telling you that you're doing something incorrectly isn't hostility. If you can't handle being told you're doing something wrong, how do you expect to get anywhere?

So, you already have an unlocked bootloader?

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:

Cofreddi

Oct 18, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Yeah I'm unlocked and rooted, trying to get s-off.
All methods are failing for me moonshine, rumrunner, firewater and facepalm... Got sdk and drivers installed, HTC sync uninstalled and adb commands do work for me... So i don't know what im missing. I know for sure that i need superCID for facepalm but not for the other methods. Hboot ver. 2.15

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PlayPetepp

Dec 19, 2010
Osijek
Xiaomi Mi 11
All methods are failing for me moonshine, rumrunner, firewater and facepalm... Got sdk and drivers installed, HTC sync uninstalled and adb commands do work for me... So i don't know what im missing. I know for sure that i need superCID for facepalm but not for the other methods. Hboot ver. 2.15

Rumrunner worked for me right of the bat, also was on 2.15 hboot. Unlocked, flashed twrp recovery, backuped, wiped all (-sd), flashed kickdroid viperxl, flashed elementalx (not sure about this), universally rumrunnered ... done. My cid stayed the same but I wrote supercid just in case.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro

Facepalm definitely won't work for you unless you already have SuperCID, you can get SuperCID by using the hex edit method. Rumrunner can be a bit temperamental, particularly with what ROM/kernel you're running when you attempt it. I've seen multiple people succeed with Rumrunner while running the Kickdroid ROM.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: Cofreddi

Cofreddi

Oct 18, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Ill give both a shot thx!
I've seen multiple people succeed with Rumrunner while running the Kickdroid ROM.
Cant find this rom for HTC One S... only for One X or XL.
Can't get the Hex edit method to work, also the name is confusing... didnt see where im supposed to use the hex edit in that thread o_O

Last edited:

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Ill give both a shot thx!

Cant find this rom for HTC One S... only for One X or XL.
Can't get the Hex edit method to work, also the name is confusing... didnt see where im supposed to use the hex edit in that thread o_O

If you have the One S, ask in your own forum

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you got nothing constructive to say why dont u keep it to yourself bud? I was asking Timmaa anyway and I was looking in the One S section as well.
I was pointed to this section to try out something from here if you must know.

What he's saying is perfectly constructive, the forums are separated by models for a reason. If I had realised that you don't have this device I would have said exactly the same thing.

Trying anything from this forum is dangerous at best. You do need to head back to your own device forum and follow whatever instructions exist there. All pandasa was doing was looking out for you best interests, maybe think of that next time before mouthing off to one of our most valuable members (and an RC at that).

Sent from my Evita

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Dude what I'm saying is for your own good. By all means, ignore me and flash say our 2.18 firmware, but you'll end up with a $300 brick and I won't feel guilty about it at all.

The reason we didn't pick up that you have a ville is because both yours and our device have a 2.15 firmware (both of which are different, mind you)

From my friends who are devs for the ville, 2.16 firmware seems the one you want to run. There should be a utility known as an FUU (Firmware Update Utility) by flashalot in that forum that will help you update if you don't want to do it manually

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

foxmjay

May 22, 2014
HTC one M7 Verizon

Hello Guys,

Thanks a lot grankin01 for this post , it looks really promising, so I'm about to try this on my HTC One M7 Verizon , i have changed the dumped file as follow :

U.HTC-BOARD-INFO!@....VZW__00199xxxxx

to:

U.HTC-BOARD-INFO!@....1111111199xxxxxxx

Sorry i couldn't post a picture , as i'm new here ... :/

The file size is the same . Please let me know if it's done correctly . And will it be possible to put back the old file in case it does not work .

Thanks

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello Guys,

Thanks a lot grankin01 for this post , it looks really promising, so I'm about to try this on my HTC One M7 Verizon , i have changed the dumped file as follow :

U.HTC-BOARD-INFO!@....VZW__00199xxxxx

to:

U.HTC-BOARD-INFO!@....1111111199xxxxxxx

Sorry i couldn't post a picture , as i'm new here ... :/

The file size is the same . Please let me know if it's done correctly . And will it be possible to put back the old file in case it does not work .

Thanks

Is Verizon blocked at htcdev? Can't you just unlock the bootloader? If not, is there not a method in your own device forum?

Sent from my Evita

foxmjay

May 22, 2014
Is Verizon blocked at htcdev? Can't you just unlock the bootloader?

Sent from my Evita

Yes seems so , i was getting this error at htcdev :

Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed.

But i managed to unlock the bootloader and S-OFF using firewater s-off . So trying a custom rom now .

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do this at your own risk!!! This could turn your new phone into a very expensive paperweight!!! If you don't know how to do it or are uncomfortable DON'T DO IT!!!

You need ADB and an understanding of how to use it and have a rooted device (although I didn't test this). You will also need a hex editor like HxD.

BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING THIS!!!! WHEN HTCDEV UNLOCKS YOUR DEVICE YOU MUST START FROM SCRATCH!!!

1. Fire up your command prompt and go to the directory that you have ADB installed to. Type "adb shell" and hit enter.

2. Type "su" and hit enter. You now have root privileges.

3. Next type "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. This will dump the partition to your sdcard.

4. Next type "exit", hit enter, type "exit", and hit enter again. This should take you back to a command prompt for your computer.

5. type "adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. NOTE THE SIZE OF THE FILE BEFORE THE NEXT STEP!

6. Open the file (mmcblk0p4) with your hex editor.

7. Look for offset 00000210 (if your on RUU version 1.82 the offset may be 00000214) and you should see CWS__001 with your IMEI number attached to it.

8. Change CWS__001 to 11111111 and save the file as mmcblk0p4MOD. This will give you SuperCID as well. :D MAKE SURE AT THIS POINT THAT THE FILE IS THE EXACT SIZE IT WAS BEFORE YOU HEX EDITED IT!

9. Now go back to your command prompt and type "adb push mmcblk0p4MOD /sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD" and hit enter.

10. Type "adb shell" and hit enter then type "su" and hit enter again. This will put you back into the android shell and give you root privileges.

11. Type "dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4" and hit enter. To test if it worked restart the phone into fastboot (type "adb reboot bootloader" and hit enter) and once the bootloader screen comes up type "fastboot oem readcid" and hit enter. It should read "11111111".

12. Next type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" and hit enter. Leave that up on your screen and go to HTCdev.com. Follow the instructions from there. Choose "All other supported models" from the dropdown menu.

For those having trouble with the hex editor portion of this I have posted a picture from Squeak22 showing exactly what it should look like. Thanks Squeak22!

Enjoy all!

Guy
    Worked for me with CID 11111111.

Thanks, my friend, now I can stop that f'ing thread...

IMG_0502.jpg
    Ya, a complete write up with step-by-step pictures would be nice... since this is sort of dangerous with a potential to get a brick.

probably need to make a script that can do all dd and hexing, that would make it much safer.
    All those involved in the argument should stop now. I'll be visiting this page in the next few hours. If I see another response, infractions will be handed out.

Follow the steps carefully, use caution, don't blame others, and don't ***** each other out. If you have a problem, private message me.

you-were-saying_o_187166.gif
    Now all we need is SK to finish CWM Recovery! :)

Thanks, Will try when I get home

Now I can actually test the f-ing thing, should be a gimme...I am so relieved this is done. Now its working recovery and s-off time...;). Again, thanks grankin...