Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 49,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Speaker grill hole and Sound quality problems

Tip us?

aznsephyi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] Speaker grill hole and Sound quality problems

Hi Everybody,

is anyone else noticing the speaker grill hole aren't completely drilled through?

Also,
much more importantly,

is anyone else hearing a metallic grating noise when sound is played through the speakers? This isn't just high volume distortion, its constantly present even at low volumes. Very shrill, ratchety, and really annoying. Hoping to return and get a new unit if I'm not the only one with these problems.

Andyw2100
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsephyi View Post
Hi Everybody,

is anyone else noticing the speaker grill hole aren't completely drilled through?

Also,
much more importantly,

is anyone else hearing a metallic grating noise when sound is played through the speakers? This isn't just high volume distortion, its constantly present even at low volumes. Very shrill, ratchety, and really annoying. Hoping to return and get a new unit if I'm not the only one with these problems.
I can't speak to the noise you're talking about, but the speakers not being drilled all the way through has been discussed several times before. The speakers don't go all the way across, so there's no need for the holes to be drilled all the way through. The extra holes are just cosmetic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyw2100 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]