No registration required

Importing to USA

OP spidum

20th April 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
So I'm planning on importing a Z2.
I'm on AT&T, are there any unforeseen consequences to doing this?
I just want to make sure I don't screw myself.
Thanks in advance.
20th April 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,329

4,279 posts
Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by spidum

Thanks in advance.

you can buy from Taiwan & ship to USA...
20th April 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #3  

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidum

Thanks in advance.

I did it and it was painless. I had my concerns but someone on another forum recommended a reputable dealer "e-bagel-tw" on eBay. He accepted my "best offer" price and the shipping was free. Since it's an international phone, it has to have AT&Ts LTE enabled after you get it. Some people have been panicking thinking they're stuck with 3G, but it's perfectly compatible once you download and install the right files.
20th April 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaysen

I did it and it was painless. I had my concerns but someone on another forum recommended a reputable dealer "e-bagel-tw" on eBay. He accepted my "best offer" price and the shipping was free. Since it's an international phone, it has to have AT&Ts LTE enabled after you get it. Some people have been panicking thinking they're stuck with 3G, but it's perfectly compatible once you download and install the right files.

I can confirm that ebay seller "e-bagel-tw" is legit. I ordered my purple z2 from them and had it in my hands in 2 days from Taiwan to U.S. Phone has worked flawlessly for the 2 weeks I have had it.
20th April 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #5  
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 16

138 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx880

I can confirm that ebay seller "e-bagel-tw" is legit. I ordered my purple z2 from them and had it in my hands in 2 days from Taiwan to U.S. Phone has worked flawlessly for the 2 weeks I have had it.

I'm thinking of ordering as well, I've grown impatient with my handtec order. Did you guys get the noise cancelling headphones or dock charger? His ebay listing doesn't mention either. Thanks.
20th April 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 68

283 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx880

I bought my phone from this seller too. When I realized that the was no charging dock in the box, I contacted him and he sent me the dock free of charge.

Such a good and honest seller. He deserves your business

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2
20th April 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSupply

I bought my phone from this seller too. When I realized that the was no charging dock in the box, I contacted him and he sent me the dock free of charge.

Such a good and honest seller. He deserves your business

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I recieved the device with no charging dock, so he sent me a dock.
20th April 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 11

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaysen

Do you know a reliable source for these files? Just getting my ducks in a row.
20th April 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

64 posts
I'm also on AT&T. I will say that I'd you don't already have the correctly enabled sim card, the system will give you a 3G only one of they enable the Z2 in your account. I had to go back and get them to fake the system into thinking I siding a different model so that it would provision LTE on my account.

Other than that, turn on LTE in the settings and use the system software to download the Internet settings and you're golden.

FYI, I dealt with the same seller and have the same comments about how great he is.

Sent from my D6503 using xda app-developers app
20th April 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #10  

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkDave

Do you know a reliable source for these files? Just getting my ducks in a row.

I wish I was paying more attention at the time. I took the phone to a local AT&T device support location in NYC when I realized I was not receiving data. The tech there couldn't figure it out at first either which is when mild panic started to set in and I backed off to let him fiddle with it. Eventually, he had a eureka moment when he stumbled upon a setting that required the download of a little file that allows the phone to connect to US LTE carriers. AT&T was one of the choices. Now in my phones settings: tools...wireless networks...more...internet settings...accept...and one of the three choices is ATT.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread