Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is broken here

Tip us?
 
v.konvict
Old
#1  
v.konvict's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 93
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: mwanza
Default What is broken here

That black spot grows when the phone gets hot. All other functions are normal.

Sent from my HTCSensation using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397119683831.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	2678226  
 
maksuperlink
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 66
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.konvict View Post
That black spot grows when the phone gets hot. All other functions are normal.

Sent from my HTCSensation using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Repair your phone as soon as possible because this spot is due to overheating and if you are using OC then use without it otherwise the only solution is to go Repair Shop
 
v.konvict
Old
#3  
v.konvict's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 93
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: mwanza
No i am not using it overclocked. I left it tethering and came back and found that. I dnt have an htc repair shop where i am and i dont trust these other repair guys. So i wanna knoe if its the lcd or what that is broken.

Sent from my HTCSensation using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#4  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 678
Posts: 2,485
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.konvict View Post
No i am not using it overclocked. I left it tethering and came back and found that. I dnt have an htc repair shop where i am and i dont trust these other repair guys. So i wanna knoe if its the lcd or what that is broken.

Sent from my HTCSensation using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well, your LCD is definitely breaking, its spreading out when hot because the heat makes the liquid more thin I believe. If you are sure all other functions are normal and that you are not getting any forced overheat reboots or the digitizer is fully functional then I would at minimum replace the LCD, if possible replace the LCD + digitizer as a whole unit as its easier to fit

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
v.konvict
Old
#5  
v.konvict's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 93
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: mwanza
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
Well, your LCD is definitely breaking, its spreading out when hot because the heat makes the liquid more thin I believe. If you are sure all other functions are normal and that you are not getting any forced overheat reboots or the digitizer is fully functional then I would at minimum replace the LCD, if possible replace the LCD + digitizer as a whole unit as its easier to fit

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
Will putting it in the fridge work though...all other functions are normal though.
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#6  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 678
Posts: 2,485
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.konvict View Post
Will putting it in the fridge work though...all other functions are normal though.
No! That's a very dangerous thing to do! It won't help the screen and moisture will build up on your mother board and kill your phone!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
 
v.konvict
Old
#7  
v.konvict's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 93
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: mwanza
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
No! That's a very dangerous thing to do! It won't help the screen and moisture will build up on your mother board and kill your phone!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
ohh well thanks for the support i guess am just gonna have to use it like this until i can get a replacment or at least sell it.
 
BSHD666
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 106
Join Date: Dec 2012
Only replace the lcd

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more