Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need some more help please!!!!!!!

Tip us?

twilight30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need some more help please!!!!!!!

I just got my xperia play r800at rooted and up and running with xperia play z beta 2. Problem is I fastbooted the lupus kernel to and it booted up after some time, but I do not know where to save the kernel at! I put the zip file for the play z beta 2 rom in the "copy to vendor" folder file but I do not know if it was enough and am terribly afraid to reboot my phone. Please, what is it that I am missing? I am brand new to this and very excited I have gotten this far. Also, how do I exactly apply the add-ons? Would I need to wipe everything and start from scratch or can I just go into recovery and "add on top of" the xperia play z beta 2 file? Like I said I will be leaving the phone on until I can actually confirm but I do know the 3 and "final version" will be out on Sunday. Im just trying to make sure Im doing everything correctly so I can get the most out of my phone. Thank you in advance.

rafap
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight30 View Post
I just got my xperia play r800at rooted and up and running with xperia play z beta 2. Problem is I fastbooted the lupus kernel to and it booted up after some time, but I do not know where to save the kernel at! I put the zip file for the play z beta 2 rom in the "copy to vendor" folder file but I do not know if it was enough and am terribly afraid to reboot my phone. Please, what is it that I am missing? I am brand new to this and very excited I have gotten this far. Also, how do I exactly apply the add-ons? Would I need to wipe everything and start from scratch or can I just go into recovery and "add on top of" the xperia play z beta 2 file? Like I said I will be leaving the phone on until I can actually confirm but I do know the 3 and "final version" will be out on Sunday. Im just trying to make sure Im doing everything correctly so I can get the most out of my phone. Thank you in advance.
Uh, if you had fastbooted the kernel, you don't need to worry about the kernel.
About the Xperia Play Z ROM, you only need to put in your play's SD card then reboot your device, press vol down, enter recovery, then select Install.
Addons? If they are in .zip format, just install using recovery like you install gapps.
The Following User Says Thank You to rafap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

twilight30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafap View Post
Uh, if you had fastbooted the kernel, you don't need to worry about the kernel.
About the Xperia Play Z ROM, you only need to put in your play's SD card then reboot your device, press vol down, enter recovery, then select Install.
Addons? If they are in .zip format, just install using recovery like you install gapps.
Im trying to reboot now and I am only getting a black screen. I am holding the vol button as well. I put the xperia play zip file in the folder "copy to vendor as well. Do I need to unzip it perhaps? Like I said now while I know it is on it is just a black screen. Really confused....

twilight30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Im trying to reboot now and I am only getting a black screen. I am holding the vol button as well. I put the xperia play zip file in the folder "copy to vendor as well. Do I need to unzip it perhaps? Like I said now while I know it is on it is just a black screen. Really confused....
Also too should I have Flashbooted the kernel instead of fastbooting it?

twilight30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Also too should I have Flashbooted the kernel instead of fastbooting it?
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was fastbooting through command prompt instead of through flashtools. (DUH!!!) Everything is good now. Thanks a lot! Really mean it.