Old
Thanks Meter 1
any update coming to this rom?

eddhard
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Sean is on tour with his band. He does keep us upto date

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
When flashing ROMs or leaving the lavatory its always important to wipe.

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3860

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pito67 View Post
OK after I format my internal sd card and load with ODIN TWRP 2.6.3.1 I was able to make a good install of Sky Note Air G2.
The only issue I still have is Wifi not working.
Go here for the latest AGNi kernel»»»
http://d-h.st/10y

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1drummernamedmarcus View Post
Page one of the op has an outline for this and or flash agni and you'll be good to go..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
This here is true^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak.japan View Post
any update coming to this rom?
WOW...
You pop in and the first thing you ask for is an UPDATE?? When everything is running smoothly with the current updates...
XDA Rule: Don't ask for nor request any type of update... That's anywhere on XDA!!!
You'll see someupdates when Sean gets back from making his MUSIC and his MONEY...
Flash what's here and enjoy for FREE...
You have any problems come back and report here and someone will help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddhard View Post
Sean is on tour with his band. He does keep us upto date

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Absolutely correct. He'll be back soon, to hook us up that's for SURE.

I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

[How To][Guide] Att Apn List

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Maximumiron
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Extract the file

I am working to learn how Seanz is such a master of modifying his roms. When you download the file to your computer you can extract the file using 7zip or something similar. You can then look at the folders inside. This is a start to seeing what is in the update, it still leave the update on your computer to put on your phone and flash later. If you open this new folder up you will see that it has a new system ui, wanam exposed, and android xposed installer, he may have modified these or just included the latest version not sure.

You will also see buildprop, which from my understanding can change how the phone is identified by apps, or your carrier. Also is used by developers to understand how they set up this version of their own rom, or someone else that may be trying to add something to it.(someone else may have a better answer on this.)

It also contains a file system tweaks, I imagine this is for things such as making the internet connect quicker, but also for things such as how often does the rom look for a wifi connection, brightness of the screen, and by looking in it appears that he modified how the kernel responds when the device goes to sleep, and when it wakes back up. etc. all of these factors are going to effect battery life.

The .4 in his file name basically indicates not a lot in the update, but he thought these change were important enough not to wait for a full version. I really didn't even notice the change in icons, not like he fully themed the rom here) I have heard a few complain battery life was worse with this update, but that has not been my experience. Exactly the opposite. My guess is that it was due to the devil kernel. Not necessarily that it is bad, ( I have not used it) but if it was set to better graphics, faster processor (overclocked) etc, this will cause your battery to tank quicker than anything else. You could read on the thread for the devil kernel as someone has probably made suggestions for settings that conserve battery. One other thing to consider, is almost everyone has commented that the Note 3 features seem to rob battery life slightly compared to the vanilla, if you use these features alot may also be part of your problem.

I am using the agni kernel, and just a few changes in this kernel have drastically improved my battery life, and not really a noticeable drop in performance. ( sure if I ran something like antutu to test speed would not win a race, but I prefer having better battery life and stability.)

Now that I have told you how I reversed engineered some of what he has done, look in post #3 under the changelog, he gives you what he has done at each stage of this rom..

I have not tried a kit kat version yet. Seanz has not made one, and I want the Note 3 features with the spen, so will be trying as soon as those are available.

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballengphd View Post
Just a quick noob type question. What does the updates have other than the icons?

What I mean is I have note 3 edition G2 installed couple weeks ago, then installed the standard icons update G2.4, and devil kernel for wifi on my i317m. But, that really killed my battery. So I re-installed just G2 with no update, and original kernel that came with the rom, and the battery seems to be ok, not as good as when i was on kitkat roms, but good enough to last the whole day.
Current device I317 on H20 (an ATT mvno prepaid)

Former device Skyrocket (bricked while trying to switch to a rom not made by SeanzScreams)
Wifes device Apple 4s (yeah I know, one of the sheep) but she finally let me jailbreak. Still not as great as rooted android....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maximumiron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

todorcim
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Holy crap I'm in love!!

Brand new to the note 2, I've been a nexus guy for the past couple years so coming back to a Samsung phone after the awesomeness of the nexus line was I'll admit depressing.

Then I found this! Amazing work guys just wicked. Installed through cwm with no issues what so ever.
I honestly never thought I could like touchwiz, but you proved me wrong.

One thing to ask can I change the dpi? With my nexus phones I like to keep the dip around 240-260. It that still possible with the note or would it look wonking? And if I can do I need multi-dpi-gapps?

Again great rom!! Thanks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

josepr2012
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by todorcim View Post
Holy crap I'm in love!!

Brand new to the note 2, I've been a nexus guy for the past couple years so coming back to a Samsung phone after the awesomeness of the nexus line was I'll admit depressing.

Then I found this! Amazing work guys just wicked. Installed through cwm with no issues what so ever.

One thing to ask can I change the dpi? With my nexus phones I like to keep the dip around 240-260. It that still possible with the note or would it look wonking? And if I can do I need multi-dpi-gapps?

Welcome !

SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

josepr2012
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Somebody made this work with this ROM...Can't find a compatible AOSP lockscreen

KIT KAT MUSIC LOCKSCREEN
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49779631

ojai00
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by todorcim View Post
Holy crap I'm in love!!

You can use the App Settings Xposed module to change per app DPI settings.

Samsung SGH-I317 on T-Mobile with AWS Mod
Sky Note Air

1drummernamedmarcus
Old
Thanks Meter 97
I know this is off topic..
But... The tomb is empty..

The Following User Says Thank You to 1drummernamedmarcus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daviebeach
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1drummernamedmarcus View Post
I know this is off topic..
But... The tomb is empty..

Indeed it is. Happy Easter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app