Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone won't unlock after **Relocked**

Tip us?
 
itzjonjon69
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 340
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Default Phone won't unlock after **Relocked**

Hey guys i just flashed the 1.54 firmware and in the process i relocked the phone. I flashed the firmware and everything, but now i can't unlock it for some reason. I tried the command to flash the token but no luck it gives me:

C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.124s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
finished. total time: 0.129s

please help!

***and on a side note, whenever i plug the phone into the computer it takes a good 2-3 minutes before it detects the phone and starts working. wtf?***
 
daorderdillon
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 621
Posts: 3,062
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: nassau

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjonjon69 View Post
Hey guys i just flashed the 1.54 firmware and in the process i relocked the phone. I flashed the firmware and everything, but now i can't unlock it for some reason. I tried the command to flash the token but no luck it gives me:

C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.124s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
finished. total time: 0.129s

please help!

***and on a side note, whenever i plug the phone into the computer it takes a good 2-3 minutes before it detects the phone and starts working. wtf?***
Apply for a next token

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
CURRENTLY USING

HTC ONE M8



PAST DEVICES

HTC BUTTERFLY S 901S

HTC BUTTERFLY X920D

HTC AMAZE

HTC WILDFIRE S
 
itzjonjon69
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 340
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
I did, same thing
 
itzjonjon69
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 340
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
i tried this (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708571) however i got this:

1|shell@htc_m8:/ $ echo -ne "HTCU" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796
lock/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796 <
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2: cannot open for write: Permission denied
1|shell@htc_m8:/ $
C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>

i also realized that my recovery is no longer working as my super SU... please someone help me
 
andrewnelson
Old
#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 384
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dhaka
I also did .
 
mc_365
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 205
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjonjon69 View Post
i tried this (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708571) however i got this:

1|shell@htc_m8:/ $ echo -ne "HTCU" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796
lock/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796 <
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2: cannot open for write: Permission denied
1|shell@htc_m8:/ $
C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>

i also realized that my recovery is no longer working as my super SU... please someone help me

I had about the same issue and did all the stuff your doing.
Check in your hboot if it says S-On.
If so then like me you may need to visit the guys in the #firewater IRC channel on freenode.
They ran me through a couple things that didn't work then we all came to the conclusion that my system was write protected.
Something set incorrectly in my mmcblk0p2 caused everything to act as if the phone is S-On.
Finally Beaups remoted into my laptop with the phone connected and ran through some stuff in adb that allowed him to write a fresh copy of mmcblk0p2 to my phone and everything went back to normal.
Sorry I don't know the specifics but it was a couple hours into it then Beaups just remoted in and did it, it was to fast for me to follow.
The Following User Says Thank You to mc_365 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
itzjonjon69
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 340
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_365 View Post
I had about the same issue and did all the stuff your doing.
Check in your hboot if it says S-On.
If so then like me you may need to visit the guys in the #firewater IRC channel on freenode.
They ran me through a couple things that didn't work then we all came to the conclusion that my system was write protected.
Something set incorrectly in my mmcblk0p2 caused everything to act as if the phone is S-On.
Finally Beaups remoted into my laptop with the phone connected and ran through some stuff in adb that allowed him to write a fresh copy of mmcblk0p2 to my phone and everything went back to normal.
Sorry I don't know the specifics but it was a couple hours into it then Beaups just remoted in and did it, it was to fast for me to follow.
oops i thought i updated the thread, but forum member russellvone SAVED my ass. So what he did was he had me download this file for my ATT M8

https://mega.co.nz/#!NUURzC5T!tCjG3n...c6zRAwOPZ8T2PI and told me to rename it 0P6BIMG.zip and place it in my adb fastboot folder

then he told me to run these commands:

fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip 0P6BIMG.zip
fastboot reboot

then once everything was done we ran the commands from this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708571) and voila! i'm once again unlocked! He explained to me that when i tried to run the unlock commands before it didn't work because i had the secure boot.img and what he had me flash was a file he created which made it unsecure so i could run the command. HUGE HUGE props to this guy.
 
mc_365
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 205
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City
good to hear

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Moto G 4G Receives Official CyanogenMod 11 Love

When theMoto Gwas initially released to the world in November of last year,very few actually … more

Get Your Tasks Organized on Android Wear with Agenda Wear

Having a checklist of things you need to do is something we all can find useful at … more

Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more

Make Your Calendar Widget Beautiful with Month

For some of us, summer vacation is alreadyover. For those getting ready to school, work, or … more