Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

“Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" after flashing custom rom

Tip us?

aboalghool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 811
Default “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" after flashing custom rom

hey i have a note 2 running stock firmware v4.1.1 ... i tried to update the phone to 4.1.2 by the phone and not kies and when the download of the upgrade finishes , the phone says upgrade fails and keeps me on 4.1.1 ...............

so i went into a different direction to root my phone and then flash a custom rom.... i rooted it successfully and flashed MJ5 bootloader also and was ready to install the custom rom running 4.3... i went into recovery and was flashing the rom .... when i choose the flashing method and finished everything and did reboot ... the phone got me a message says that “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" and i need kies recovery

Please help me out with this and give me the correct way to fix this.

NB: My phone is international Note II [N7100]
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Samsung Galaxy sII i9100
Sony Xperia Z1
Samsung Galaxy s3
HTC Desire HD
Samsung Galaxy Gear

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboalghool View Post
hey i have a note 2 running stock firmware v4.1.1 ... i tried to update the phone to 4.1.2 by the phone and not kies and when the download of the upgrade finishes , the phone says upgrade fails and keeps me on 4.1.1 ...............

so i went into a different direction to root my phone and then flash a custom rom.... i rooted it successfully and flashed MJ5 bootloader also and was ready to install the custom rom running 4.3... i went into recovery and was flashing the rom .... when i choose the flashing method and finished everything and did reboot ... the phone got me a message says that “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" and i need kies recovery

Please help me out with this and give me the correct way to fix this.

NB: My phone is international Note II [N7100]
Install latest philz cwm or twrp recovery, go into recovery and wipe data/factory reset or choose option to clean for new rom Install, after that flash custom rom.
GALAXY NOTE 3 - DR.KETAN'S CCR K8.1
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+
SONY MT25 - ROOTED CUSTOM ICS