Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can someone with unlocked Ativ help!

Tip us?

Loco5150
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default Can someone with unlocked Ativ help!

I installed Simple Calendar yesterday from store. The app does not start and uninstalling it didnt remove everything and the app is still present in apps list. The store says I have it installed, so I cant instal it again. Storage sense does not list it, so Im SOT and have this ghost app in my apps lis now.

Can someone please go to the apps folder and take Simple Calendar installation files, so I can make a .xap and try to sideload it to my Ativ and that way fix it so I can uninstal it!

Please guys someone, its easy. Just enable full FS access from SamWP8Tool, navigate to: Data\programs\

Simple calendar folder there is: 977e5d54-01d8-4cf8-9891-da9579ce2692

Copy the instal folder to your pc and send a download link in PM to me. I can try to make a .xap from that and try to fix this without having to hardreset!

I have Simple Calendar folder present, but they are empty so I cant make a .xap from my device.

Please guys someone, it will only take few minutes. THANKS!

Loco5150
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Heres a topic about the procedure http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2462730

Loco5150
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Please somebody... Seems that this is the only thing I can try besidess hard reset, if I want to get rid of this app from my programs list.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2642
You do know you can't sideload a XAP with the same Product ID as a store app, right?

Also, you seem a little more desperate than the situation calls for.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Loco5150
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
You do know you can't sideload a XAP with the same Product ID as a store app, right?

Also, you seem a little more desperate than the situation calls for.
No I didnt know that, I thought I could "overwrite" it... I think I did it with one app I made a backup from, did the xap and tested it by deploying it over the original installation from the store. If its not possible, maybe I remember it wrong and actually uninstalled it before deploying it.

And yes your maybe right, but I still would like to get rid of this stupid installation if possible, without a hard reset.