Get music controls to work right with Poweramp (or skip with Play music)?

20th April 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Hey all,
so I've been noticing some issues with using music controls for both Google Play and Poweramp. I use Poweramp for my everyday player and would prefer it worked with the Gear 2. However it does not display track information correctly, instead it only displays the most recent video played. More importantly, there is noticeable lag between button presses and skipping track, it makes scrubbing through an album difficult. Google play works better, much quicker and responsive and it displays track info, but you are unable to skip forward or backwards if you hold down previous or next, as you're able to do with Poweramp. I've messed with settings in Poweramp, made it high priority in bluetooth settings and disabled the beep option for track skipping and it is still very slow in response. I've also enabled all the bluetooth track info things and it still doesnt send the track. I'd be happy, I guess, if I could only get it to respond as quick as Google Play does. I dont see using google play though because of the inability to seek through tracks. I've updated play music with no success, still no scrubbing ability. It's frustrating. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: In case anyone else wants it to work with poweramp, apparently you need to have google play NOT disabled. And you should start music via poweramp instead of the gear and track info will be sent. Responsiveness is still very slow and laggy. As much as I hate Play music, if only it would be able to skip, I would switch over to it for the gear. But at least Poweramp can skip and display track info if you havent disabled Play Music. Hopefully the poweramp dev can make it work quicker but I'm doubtful. It really flies on Play Music. A shame.
Last edited by celticpride34; 20th April 2014 at 07:00 AM.
20th April 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticpride34

Hey all,
so I've been noticing some issues with using music controls for both Google Play and Poweramp. I use Poweramp for my everyday player and would prefer it worked with the Gear 2. However it does not display track information correctly, instead it only displays the most recent video played. More importantly, there is noticeable lag between button presses and skipping track, it makes scrubbing through an album difficult. Google play works better, much quicker and responsive and it displays track info, but you are unable to skip forward or backwards if you hold down previous or next, as you're able to do with Poweramp. I've messed with settings in Poweramp, made it high priority in bluetooth settings and disabled the beep option for track skipping and it is still very slow in response. I've also enabled all the bluetooth track info things and it still doesnt send the track. I'd be happy, I guess, if I could only get it to respond as quick as Google Play does. I dont see using google play though because of the inability to seek through tracks. I've updated play music with no success, still no scrubbing ability. It's frustrating. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: In case anyone else wants it to work with poweramp, apparently you need to have google play NOT disabled. And you should start music via poweramp instead of the gear and track info will be sent. Responsiveness is still very slow and laggy. As much as I hate Play music, if only it would be able to skip, I would switch over to it for the gear. But at least Poweramp can skip and display track info if you havent disabled Play Music. Hopefully the poweramp dev can make it work quicker but I'm doubtful. It really flies on Play Music. A shame.

+1 with displaying most recent video played. For me, I mostly want it to work with Spotify, and have run into the same problem you have. Best we can do is wait for Samsung to iron out all the kinks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread