5,600,053 Members 42,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][Stock-Based][P7300/P7310][XXLQJ][Deodexed] EXTRA Is Released!! [18/3/2014]

Tip us?

harry_fine
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea View Post
did you install Extra release?? because it wasn't included in the previous releases,
and of course the play store would say search is not compatible because it is not
this is a port of google now that works on ICS devices

if you have Extra release installed and yet you don't have google search (now) then reflash the ROM again
I did install the Extra release. I'd been lurking around your ROM, thinking of installing it because I wasn't happy with 4.3.1, and when I saw the Extra, I broke down and installed it. Works great.

omarainea
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_fine View Post
I did install the Extra release. I'd been lurking around your ROM, thinking of installing it because I wasn't happy with 4.3.1, and when I saw the Extra, I broke down and installed it. Works great.
then here install this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hs...M7_Offline.zip
this is the google now for ICS I included in the ROM, try to flash it and check if that'll make google search (now) show up
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omarainea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harry_fine
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea View Post
then here install this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hs...M7_Offline.zip
this is the google now for ICS I included in the ROM, try to flash it and check if that'll make google search (now) show up
Perfect. Thanks a lot. Didn't actually see the menu options you mentioned for "Settings > Voice > Download offline speech recognition". Checked both in Android settings, Android language settings, and Google Now (search) settings. But anyway, I set my language to Canadian English, and it works like a charm. I can dictate with voice in any program again.
The Following User Says Thank You to harry_fine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Er0l
Old
Thanks Meter 2
First of all thank you for this ROM and all your effort. I really appreciate it.

I have the same issue with deep sleep. I've tried to flash Extra kernel, A1 v1.7.3 and 1.9 the results were the same. Also I tried stock kernel you have provided and still deep sleep was not possible. In GSAM battery stats tablet was always held awake the whole time.

Only thing that worked was to install p7310-Stock-Wifi-xxlpo.zip from A1 thread to get tablet to go to deep sleep.

Any ideas what is the issue ? Something is changed in this release. Previous release had no issues with deep sleep even with A1 kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Er0l For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackylim
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hi can my galaxy tab 8.9LTE P7320 cmw 5.0 update to Cwm 6.0.2.7?
Thanks

Galaxy tab 8.9 LTE P7320

omarainea
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Er0l View Post
First of all thank you for this ROM and all your effort. I really appreciate it.

I have the same issue with deep sleep. I've tried to flash Extra kernel, A1 v1.7.3 and 1.9 the results were the same. Also I tried stock kernel you have provided and still deep sleep was not possible. In GSAM battery stats tablet was always held awake the whole time.

Only thing that worked was to install p7310-Stock-Wifi-xxlpo.zip from A1 thread to get tablet to go to deep sleep.

Any ideas what is the issue ? Something is changed in this release. Previous release had no issues with deep sleep even with A1 kernel.
Hopefully this will be fixed in the Ultra build (next release)
[see Ultra changelog in OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackylim View Post
Hi can my galaxy tab 8.9LTE P7320 cmw 5.0 update to Cwm 6.0.2.7?
Thanks

Galaxy tab 8.9 LTE P7320
Nope, but you can update it to CWM 6.0.1.4
and here is the download link from CWM official page:
http://download2.clockworkmod.com/re....1.4-p5att.img
Tags
dev-host mirrors, gt-p7300, gt-p7310, official ics rom, samsung stock