Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Urgent help with stock recovery (One m8)

OP danmaytee

20th April 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi guys I need some urgent help. I'm wanting to go back to stock recovery so I can install OTA updates when they are available. I made the mistake of rooting my phone without thinking about updates. I just want it back to stock so it's all nice and easy to use and I don't need to worry. I've found this thread which contains the stock recoverys but when I try and flash the STOCK RECOVERY 1.54.206.5 file I can't even into recovery and just got a error symbol up.

My phone is on the o2 network (I'm in the UK) and my phone is 4.4.2 Software number 1.54.206.5. Am I right in thinking it is that file I need?

If someone could take 5 minutes of their time to help me out it would be ever so much appreciated

EDIT - When Ive sent the stock recovery and I go to boot into it the symbol is a phone with a warning sign. Is that just what it is suppose to do or is it because it's wrong? I read on the thread "You can test originals by flashing them. If you see a phone with warning sign it's the HTC original one."

PLEASE HELP!
Last edited by danmaytee; 20th April 2014 at 03:19 AM.
20th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nah, that's how it looks stock. You have to play around with some of the buttons to get the reset and reboot options to pop up. I can never remember what to do exactly. Try hitting the the Volume Up + Power on that screen. But I don't think they change the recovery much if at all between updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Nah, that's how it looks stock. You have to play around with some of the buttons to get the reset and reboot options to pop up. I can never remember what to do exactly. Try hitting the the Volume Up + Power on that screen. But I don't think they change the recovery much if at all between updates.

Ohh yes brilliant! . I panicked and thought it meant it couldn't find a suitable recovery to boot into. It's all sorted now and hopefully I will have no problem installing OTA updates when they become available. Thank you
20th April 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
No problem. Glad all is well.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread