Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Urgent help with stock recovery (One m8)

Tip us?

danmaytee
Old
(Last edited by danmaytee; 20th April 2014 at 02:19 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Urgent help with stock recovery (One m8)

Hi guys I need some urgent help. I'm wanting to go back to stock recovery so I can install OTA updates when they are available. I made the mistake of rooting my phone without thinking about updates. I just want it back to stock so it's all nice and easy to use and I don't need to worry. I've found this thread which contains the stock recoverys but when I try and flash the STOCK RECOVERY 1.54.206.5 file I can't even into recovery and just got a error symbol up.

My phone is on the o2 network (I'm in the UK) and my phone is 4.4.2 Software number 1.54.206.5. Am I right in thinking it is that file I need?

If someone could take 5 minutes of their time to help me out it would be ever so much appreciated

EDIT - When Ive sent the stock recovery and I go to boot into it the symbol is a phone with a warning sign. Is that just what it is suppose to do or is it because it's wrong? I read on the thread "You can test originals by flashing them. If you see a phone with warning sign it's the HTC original one."

PLEASE HELP!

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Nah, that's how it looks stock. You have to play around with some of the buttons to get the reset and reboot options to pop up. I can never remember what to do exactly. Try hitting the the Volume Up + Power on that screen. But I don't think they change the recovery much if at all between updates.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danmaytee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Nah, that's how it looks stock. You have to play around with some of the buttons to get the reset and reboot options to pop up. I can never remember what to do exactly. Try hitting the the Volume Up + Power on that screen. But I don't think they change the recovery much if at all between updates.
Ohh yes brilliant! . I panicked and thought it meant it couldn't find a suitable recovery to boot into. It's all sorted now and hopefully I will have no problem installing OTA updates when they become available. Thank you

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
No problem. Glad all is well.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]