FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Battery drain, cant find the cause!!

14th April 2014, 03:00 PM |#11  
PhoenixWyllow's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Have you tried 'telling' the battery how much capacity it has again? (Drain until it automatically shuts down due to flat battery, charge back to 100% while off, switch on, drain again, charge again and use as normal)
Many manufacturers recommend charging when you reach 15-20% during normal use.

Also, have a look at govenors/schedulers if you have a custom ROM installed. Maybe changing combo works better for you, or even changing combo and switching back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
 
 
14th April 2014, 05:43 PM |#12  
Aloha Joe's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
after i flashed a new rom, i always use this app to calibrate my battery chargement.
Last edited by Aloha Joe; 14th April 2014 at 05:48 PM.
14th April 2014, 07:14 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 150
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Joe

after i flashed a new rom, i always use this app to calibrate my battery chargement.

It will be better for you, if you read this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1460553 and don't use such apps
The Following User Says Thank You to piskor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 08:44 PM |#14  
koragg97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 274
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskor

It will be better for you, if you read this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1460553 and don't use such apps

+1
14th April 2014, 08:56 PM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 150
 
More
@davartens
Why don't you post your logs from BBS on app thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179809 ?
There are people, which can help you faster, than here
19th April 2014, 07:23 PM |#16  
umaga2012's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I have an issue with battery life as well
.I'm thinking of getting a bigger capacity battery like 2000mah.Can this damage my device?
20th April 2014, 06:12 AM |#17  
koragg97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 274
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaga2012

I have an issue with battery life as well
.I'm thinking of getting a bigger capacity battery like 2000mah.Can this damage my device?

It won't harm your device. Would you mind sharing from where you're getting a 2000mah battery and if it's the same size as the 1500mah one from Samsung?
I'm currently on a 1700mah battery for the Galaxy Ace II

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th April 2014, 08:49 AM |#18  
umaga2012's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97

It won't harm your device. Would you mind sharing from where you're getting a 2000mah battery and if it's the same size as the 1500mah one from Samsung?
I'm currently on a 1700mah battery for the Galaxy Ace II

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Im from Kenya but the battery is available on Ebay. I saw 2450 mah batteries that come with a case so I guess they are bigger. Battery is a huge issue for me. I only get 4hrs maximum on 3g on my current battery and is so fruatrating.How long does the Ace 2 battery last?
20th April 2014, 09:09 AM |#19  
koragg97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 274
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaga2012

Im from Kenya but the battery is available on Ebay. I saw 2450 mah batteries that come with a case so I guess they are bigger. Battery is a huge issue for me. I only get 4hrs maximum on 3g on my current battery and is so fruatrating.How long does the Ace 2 battery last?

About 10 hours with medium usage and 6 hours heavy usage.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes